Chapter Three: Confetti

When do I get to leave?!?

Now there was only Confetti and one other dragon left sitting. Judging by her pale white scales and her pastel blue underbelly he guessed she was an ice dragon. Confetti waited for the queen to announce her name and for her to leave the dragonling ledge but know name was called. Dragons started filing out of the cave leading the new generation of dragons to the center of town for gifts and food. The Queen stood by the door waving good bye.

"Hey Confetti" The dragon whispered. Confetti jumped back.

"How do you know my name?" Confetti whispered back, but not knowing the reason for whispering. Maybe it was because The Queen was still here.

"Everyone knows your name. You where the only Chinese dragon born in the entire village" explained the the white dragonling. She scooted closer to Confetti so they could hear eachother better.

"Really, I always thought there had to be some one like me in this village" Confetti said 

"By the way, whats your name?"

"It's Brove"

"What is your element?"

"I haven't found mine" Confetti thought this might be true but he also had thought he would be the only one who hadn't found his. 

"Excuse me" The Queen interrupted. The two dragonlings stood up and quickly put their heads down and crossed their talons in a sloppy bow.   

"Oh please sand up. I wish to talk to you" The Queen said in her soothing voice. Confetti's mind went into panic mode.

What does The Queen want with me? Am I in trouble? Is this about my element? Please don't throw me in the dungeons for not finding my element.

"You two are Brove and Confetti and you did not find your element" The two young dragons nodded their heads. 

"Do not worry you are not in trouble but I would like to see you find your element" Confetti looked at Brove trying  to find some answer to what was going to happen. 

"I have talked to both of your parents and both of you are going to be training with Trovit the fire elder" 

The fire elder!

 Confetti had been taught about the elders and how they work with the queen to make decisions and keep the world in balance but he had never thought he would get the chance to meet one, much less train with one. 

"Please be at the castle by dawn I have told the guards to let you in"

Confetti bounded home with excitement. He had never felt this happy before and to be honest, it felt REALLY good. He walked in his cave to find his entire family there with his belongings packed and presents to celebrate. As soon as he came through the vines decorating the cave entrance his little Hatchling sister, Teica, came running up to him.

"Your going to the castle! I'm so jealous"

"Were all so happy for you" Confetti's mom said enclosing him in a big hug

 That night Confetti went to bed with sweet dreams of excitement about what tomorrow might hold.