Chapter five: Confetti

The day was spent sitting, meditating, trying different exercises to provoke some hint of metal in our mind and exploring to find any metal in our bodies. It was at this time I found a mound of rock with the opening of a cave. The glint of something sparkly caught my eye. There was beautiful crystal amethyst a few yards inside. I tipped-toed in to pick it up. It was about the size of my palm I put it my pack around my neck and turned around as I saw another one a bit further away. 

Maybe one for Brove

     I picked it up and spotted another one further in the cave. I wanted it, but hesitated. Azza said not to go into any caves. It was easy to get lost.

What ever, Im already breaking the rule

     I treaded into the cave, careful to keep track of where the exit was. Eventually, I forgot, but it didn't matter. There where so many majals. I had already established they where not amethyst, but the gems in The Great Mountain that allowed us dragons to use our elements. They where so beautiful. The cave opened up into a cavern, its walls covered in shiny purple with black tenticles seemingly growing up the walls. A wide glistening pool sat in the middle. 

Where's Confetti?

    Brove's voice echoed in my head but no one was in the cave. Did she even say that? Azza's voice broke his pondering.

That child went missing? Of course, he probably only knows his home and the hunting grounds.

     Now another voice hissed in my head

You like the power?

     I nodded instinctively

Go, give the gem to Brove

     I nodded again and turned around to find myself right next to the entrance to the cave, pack filled with majals. I walked out side and spotted the others.

Oh thank the heavens he's just over there

     Brove's voice was clearer now. I trotted up to them looking up expectantly, but trying not to look like I hadn't heard their conversation.

     "Where where you?" Azza demanded. 

     "Over there" I said, pointing. 

     "Behind that tall rock" Azza looked at me, hiding her disapproval. Grumbling, she turned to face both me and Brove.

     "Its obvious you two are tired and because your'e students not training for heavy combat and war I have to let you sleep" She scoffed and sat down and lifted a claw to scratch her ear.

I don't want these kids to pass out on me, there still growing up. Not ready for all day work. This must be the latest they've ever stayed up. Hope they sleep well.

I slumped down and covered my face as fast as possible to hid my confusion. How could Azza have said that. She never moved her mouth. 

Too weird. I thought and pushed the mysteries to the back off my mind and tried to sleep in the blazing sun. Then it hit me, its their minds! When I picked up the majal, I could read their minds!

So... The third voice from the cave hissed

You finally figured it out