Chapter 1

Dennise shifted uncomfortably as the man seated on a leather chair examined her from head to toe. She has never been the type who likes so much attention much less a visual scrutiny. She felt like a fish in a fishbowl ogled at by a drooling cat.

Alright turn around, hon. Give me that smile...No. That's too, sweet, sweetheart. Give me a flirty smile...Yung malandi. Use your eyes. You have beautiful eyes. Seduce me. There. There ya go. That's what I'm looking for. Ok, we're done for the day. Next...

Den couldn't have been more relieved that the go-see is over. All she wanted to do is go home and get a good sleep. The long day has worn her out.

Tapos ka na ba, babe? Text message from her boyfriend LA.

I'm done. I just wanna go home and sleep. I'm so tired, babe.

She leaned on her car seat as she thought about everything that's been happening lately.

Routine. She hates routines. And somehow bigla nyang naisip that her life is pretty much it- a routine. Not that she's complaining. Life's been good to her.

Wala na akong mahihiling pa.

And yet, she's been bothered with how she's been feeling these past few days. Her dad wanted her to help with the family's PR firm but her heart isn't just set out for it.

Tulog lang 'to. Tomorrow I can begin again.

It was already dark as she was driving home but she decided to swing by her favorite café to grab some takeaway tea.

Good evening po, Miss Dennise. Peppermint tea po? The lady behind the counter smiled.

Den smiled back. Natuwa siyang kilala na siya sa café. Halos everyday kasi siya andun. After paying her bill she went straight to the car park and noticed a big motor bike parked perpendicularly just a few inches behind the hood of her car.

Sino namang baliw ang nag-park ng ganito?

She turned around to look for the owner. There was no one else at the car park.

She was about to go back to the café to ask for the security guard's help when she heard a female voice a few distance from where she was.

I bet you are looking for the person who parked his/her motorbike like an idiot behind your car. I am that idiot.

Tiningnan ni Julie ang babaeng nagsalita habang papalapit ito sa kinaroonan nya. The woman was extending her hand to her aiming for a handshake.

My name is Alyssa.