Chapter 4

Den brought out one stick of cigarette from her pouch and contemplated on lighting it up. Nasa smoking area siya ng bar malayo sa karamihan ng tao doon. She couldn't stand the noise.

I didn't know you smoke. Alyssa quipped looking at the slim stick slid between Den's middle and index fingers.

Den looked at Alyssa and managed a weak smile. She forgot that she had company. She walked a few steps towards a bin and threw away the unlit cigarette.

First time ko sanang mag-smoke today. I chickened out again. That was my 30th attempt since college. Nagulat si Den sa sarili nya. She does not normally talk to strangers much less share bits of information about herself to them.

I see. You don't like the noise, do you?

Napatingin ulit si Den kay Alyssa and only noticed at that instance that she is wearing a navy blue collared shirt and khakis much like LA's the evening earlier.

It's mean to stare, you know. Sambit ni Ly.

Den chuckled and tried her best to make it sound sarcastic.

Can't a lady have her privacy? Go back to the dancefloor and let me be.

Ly smiled as she shook her head in amusement. She looked around and saw three guys a few meters away. She shifted her gaze back to Den who still looked dreamy, staring into space.

What if I don't want to leave? Would that be a problem?