Shorts and a meltdown.

____________________________________________________________________________

" The Battle of Chicago was an event that permanently changed our world. -Over thirteen hundred dead. -Much of the city has been destroyed. -Homeland Security is urging everyone to report suspicious alien activity. -A swift act of Congress put an end to all joint operations between the military and the AutoBots, ending the alliance. "

" As this committee knows, the Invasion of Chicago was a defining day for our nation five years ago. The day millions of people realized that, never again can we allow aliens to fight our battles for us. "

"A handful of AutoBots were given sanctuary, after joint-combat operations were abolished. Fewer than a dozen Decepticons are still on the run thanks to our CIA unit. " Cemetery Wind"

" Hurry let's get it to my house guys. "

" As for the alien technology, our objective remains to keep it in American control. "

" Hi, my name is Timothy. This is my crew. We found this alien ball turret in Chicago. We just found it in the rubble, and it's all working. It's all working. "

" Word has it in Japan, India, the Israelis may have gotten their hands on a couple of ships. Apparently the Russians are starting a bidding war. "

" We're taking five thousand for it. It's got thirty six guns, alien shit,- "

" A new era has begun, and the age of the Transformers, is over. "

____________________________________________________________________________

When Naomi finally returned home Cade pulled onto the dirt road. When he came to a stop he got out, and he stood facing the way they came from. Naomi was still in the truck, asleep. Her seat reclined back, her feet crossed and propped up on the dash, the toe of her shoes barely touching the windshield. She had her flannel over her chest, one arm laying across her stomach, under the flannel, and the other was against the wall of the truck. Her hand holding her face while her elbow supported them. She didn't know she was this tired until she fell asleep.

FIRST PERSON

" A truck?! Dad, please tell me you didn't spend our money on this. "

I woke up to Tessa storming out of the house in rage. I slowly sat up, feeling extremely heavy and sore. I peeled off the flannel slowly, allowing myself to stretch. I carefully get out of the truck, leaving the flannel, my balance is at it's worst when I wake up. I lean against the side of Dad's truck. I slowly walked over to the mess of a conversation in front of me. I stood still and tried to keep by back straight, it was sore from the way I was laying down.

" Oh no, don't worry, he didn't. I did. A hundred fifty bucks of it. "

" As an advance on your regular paycheck. "

I continued to pop my knuckles, wrists, elbows, and I twisted my head just right, into a circle, which popped it several times.

" What regular paycheck? "

" Which you will get back. "

" When? "

I clenched my toes hard, earning several more popping sounds. I twisted and turned my ankles to get them to pop.

" Never we're broke. " Lucas looked shocked.

" I knew it. "

" Sweetheart, could you please not drive a wedge between employer and employee? "