Five

"Are you ready for this girl?" Cassie asked me. Jahseh, Cassie, and I were sitting in the waiting room of the doctors office. I shrugged. She looked at Jahseh. "Are you?"

He shrugged. We sat patiently in the waiting room.

"Alessandra?" A nurse called. Jahseh and I stood up. I looked back at Cassie to see if she was coming.

"I'll wait out here." She said. I nodded at her and followed the nurse back. To my surprise, Jahseh laced his fingers through mine. I looked at him and smirked.

"What? Maybe I need some reassurance nigga," he said to me, causing me to laugh.

We entered the room and the nurse took my vitals.

"Okay we're going to have to take a blood test to see if the positive was incorrect." The nurse said. I nodded at her. She gathered up the supplies and I gripped Jahseh's hand. He smirked at me and I laughed.

"What? Maybe I need some reassurance nigga." I mocked him. He just smiled and shook his head. The nurse took my blood and told us the doctor would be in to see us soon.

"I never saw myself here," Jahseh said.

"In a gynecologist room?" I giggled.

"Nah, having a kid." He responded. I just stared at him as he studied the ground.

"Neither did I honestly." I said quietly. We stayed silent for a few minutes. A knock sounded on the door causing me to jump.

"Hi guys, I'm Dr. Negron. You must be Alessandra." The doctor shakes my hand. "And you must be the father?" He says, his eyes going wide when he realizes who the father of the baby is. "X?"

Jahseh smiles. "Yeah. Names Jahseh though." He shakes Dr. Negron's hand.

"Its a pleasure to meet you both. I just gotta ask you a few questions before we get started Alessandra." He says. I nod at him. He gives me a series of questions to answer and I answer them to the best of my abilities.

"Alright it looks like you're about five weeks along. We normally don't do ultra sounds till the 8th to 12th week of pregnancy but we can look around and see if we can find the embryo?" Dr. Negron informed. I looked to Jahseh. He nodded at me.

"Yeah, we'd like to see." I answer for the both of us. Dr. Negron smiles.

"I'll be right back to take you into the ultrasound room." He says, and with that he leaves the room.

"That's weird that he recognized you. I thought you were only big with the younger people." I told him.

Jahseh shrugged. "Maybe he has a daughter that knows me I dunno."

A few minutes later Dr. Negron walked back in.

"Alright guys follow me."

Jahseh and I followed the doctor to a different room that was dark and weird machines everywhere.

"Lay down right there if you will Alessandra and X you an sit right next to her." Dr. negron said.

"Names Jahseh still," Jahseh said, sounding annoyed.

"Yes, sorry, Jahseh. My daughter would be very excited that I'm with you right now. She's a mega fan. All I hear is your music blasting through out the house. You're pretty vulgar." Dr. negron says.

Jahseh smirked. "I know."

"Alright lift up your shirt for me Alessandra. It's gonna be cold." Dr. Negron used the Doppler on my lower abdomen and moved it around for a little bit.

"I think I got something," Dr. Negron said. "There it is. There's your baby."

  "Wait, where is it?" Jahseh asked

"See that little black dot?" Dr. Negron asked. Jahseh nodded. "That's the baby. It's too little to see anything more than that."

I was too stunned to speak. I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen. I was actually pregnant. And actually going to have a baby with Jahseh. My stomach did a whirl of butterflies.

"So we will see you guys back here next month." Dr. negron said. I hadn't noticed but he'd cleaned the gel off of my stomach and turned the lights on. He handed me the printed pictures of the ultra sound. Jahseh flung his arm over my shoulder as we walked out of the room.

"Looks like we're gonna be parents." He said. I looked at him and I swore there was a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.