Chapter 3: In the Afternoon

Jeanette and her sisters walked to school like they usually did. The chipmunks had arrived before they did. As soon as they walked through the doors they heard shouting. "Simon! That was so romantic!" Jenny shouted. "So brave of you!" Amber swooned. "We love you!" These were just some of the things the girls were saying. They were chasing Simon through the school. Jeanette looked down and sighed. Her sisters comforted her, but they had to get to their classes. The day went by slowly for her. She had it pretty hard. She was sad and distressed and couldn't stop thinking about Simon. Even when she was in Simon's class she tried not to look at him. Instead she just put her head down on her desk and tried to make it through the day. At lunch time she sat alone under a tree in the school yard. She saw more girls running after Simon and sighed to herself, "He hasn't even had break yet, has he." She finished her lunch and put her head down in her arms and just pondered.
Simon's POV
I finally got away from those girls. They wouldn't leave me alone. How did I get away from them? Here's how: I put on one of Alvin's sweatshirts and hid in my locker till they gave up looking for me. I honestly don't understand why I am getting so much attention it was just a kiss on the cheek and I didn't even kiss her. Alvin did. Of course they don't know that though.. However, I still don't want the spotlight. I have a plan to take care of this problem.. But right now I'm looking for Jeanette. I've been looking for her all day. She came to my performance yesterday. She didn't come to talk to me after it was over or anything like that. I'm not mad at her I completely understand why. I was being swarmed and I guess she didn't want to get lost. I finally found my counterpart. Sitting under an oak tree. Her shiny hair and beauty clothes. I couldn't see her lovely face though. She was hiding it in her arms. She seemed to be hung over about something.
Jeanette's POV
I was still sitting in the same spot thinking. I was just about to leave until I heard someone sit down and felt them place their arm on my shoulder. I looked up. "Simon!" I exclaimed. I hugged him tightly for a second and then looked away sheepishly. "Hello Jeanette," he replied, blushing after receiving the hug. I noticed that he was wearing one of Alvin's shirts. "Why are you wearing that?" I asked curious. "Oh t-this, uhh, you see I-i put on one of Alvin's shirts so I could escape from those crazy girls." I looked down and sighed when I started thinking about them again. "O-okay." Simon saw my face and put his arm around me. "What's wrong? You look down," Simon asked. "Oh I-it's nothing." I lied.
Simon grabbed both of my hands and faced me. I blushed heavily as he spoke. "Come on Jean, you can tell me. You're my best friend." He smiled at me. "Simon, I'm still your best friend, right?" I asked nervously. "Y-yes of course you are Jeanette. You always have been." We both blushed as he said this. "Well, it's just that, after the play all the girls started chasing you and swooning and everything, I'm not popular and I got lost in the crowd. I was just worried that....I'd lose you." I said quietly, "I didn't want you to forget me." Simon held my hands even tighter. "Jeanette I would never forget you ever, not even if I wanted to. Which I don't."He said quietly,"and between you and me, I didn't even kiss Jessie. Alvin did. He dressed as me. I was just too nervous." I was shocked. I had no reason to feel jealous now. I felt so stupid. "Stupid!"I said to myself under my breath. "S-so what are you going to about all the attention you're getting?" I asked. I knew Simon didn't enjoy it and I'm not surprised that he was too nervous to kiss Jessie. I saw how nervous he was. What was I supposed to say though? "Good luck with your kiss?!" That would have been awkward. "Well," Simon replied, "I have already come up with a plan." I was intrigued. "What's that?" I asked. He smiled at me. "You'll just have to wait and see. Also, sit in the front row during the play." I nodded in agreement and I was slightly disappointed too. Simon pulled me closer and we were looking into each other's eyes.He said one thing before he got up to leave. "Oh, and Jeanette, I'll keep my window open in case you want to have another sleepover." He was smiling. I was blushing. How did he know? "S-Simon how did you k-know?" I asked nervously. "Well, I'm not that heavy of a sleeper, also you were hugging me pretty tightly." I sat there like a deer in headlights as Simon waved goodbye and left.
Hey Guys! Thanks to all who read Chapter 3! If you liked it please comment! Chapter 4 will be out soon! Yes! Simon did know about what Jeanette did in Chapter 1!!!
XOXO ~~~Stets