15: Ali or Aleina?

Chapter Fifteen

NAGMATYAG muna si Mark sa paligid niya bago siya lumabas ng kotse. Hindi niya gusto ang pagbalik ng grupo na dati niyang tinalikuran. He left the group when he was twenty two, and he's twenty eight now. Maraming taon na ang nakalipas bakit ngayon pa sila mangangambala. He was not prepared for their come back. He was now the famous businessman and they can somehow use his popularity to pull him down. They want him back most importantly now that they need him. At kapag natulungan niya sila tsaka naman nila siya papatayin. He couldn't let that happen now that he's having his control of his life after wasted years of being a robot to his father. Hindi siya lumaking gago para lang magpatalo sa isang tulad nilang gago din.

He was just thankful that Duisternis Praguan has a strict security. Hindi niya hahayaan makalapit ang mga ito sa pagmamayari niya. Over his dead body. Besides that, Jago and his group didn't know where he was living.

He got out of his black audi and then he walked forward to her gate. He knocked three times before he heard some footsteps from inside. His mind was telling him to feel optimistic but for some reason his body was disagreeing with it. Sana lang ay ito parin ang dating Ali na nakilala niya.

"Sino ya—Mark?" She exclaimed with a big rounded eyes as she found out it was him standing in front of her place. Her lips were parted and her eyes were obviously in state of shock.

Mark snapped his fingers through her eyes that made her get back to her senses. She was stunned and he knows what it means. His Ali was attracted to him.

"Sorry...it's just that you have changed a lot. Please get in and maybe we can talk," Ali nervously invited him. Pumasok na siya at umupo sa upuan na nanginginig pang pinagpagan nito. He roamed his eyes around her suburban home. Ali made her small living room feel so receptive to her guest and he was not surprised about that. Noon pa lang ay palaayos na ito sa bahay.

"Bakit hindi ka muna nagpasabi? Ano bang kailangan mo dito?" She said strongly like a tiger but he knew her well enough to understand this was just her front. Ali wanted to look unaffected to his natural domineering presence. His dark eyes set into hers and she immediately took her eyes away from his. Mark sneered and shook his head as he caught her drawn to him.

Mark tapped the sofa next to him with his toe and said, "sit down here and let's have a proper conversation." He stared at her and she was trying her best to avoid his dark gaze. She timidly sat down on the chair beside him and composed herself. Hindi na siya nagtaka pa kung bakit maski kay Ali ay may epekto ang nakakatakot niyang presensya.

"C-can't..y-y-you please s-stop staring at me? Y-you are making me nervous, Mark." She crossed her legs while her eyes were fixed on the ground.

"Look into my eyes, Ali and call me what you used to call me before, not Mark."

Alison gulped and did what she was told except it was downward his face. Ayaw nitong tignan ang mukha niya, most especially his eyes. She wasn't exempted to those gazillion girls who were afraid to meet his dark eyes. Mark didn't bother to push it any further.

"Firstly, tell your real name now. You did change you surname. Didn't you?"

"B-bakit hindi mo ba kayang paimbistigahan tulad ng gina—Alison! Alison Dushku." Nagbaba ito agad ng tingin nang makita ang pagbukas at pagsara ng kamao niya. Mark didn't mean to scare her but there were natural instincts in his life that he was used to doing, such clenching his fist whenever he was feeling impatient.

"And you're hiding from me," he said in state of fact rather a question. Ali gasped and it proved he was right. Mark took a deep breath and smiled in total relief.

"I'm sorry, Mac. I couldn't let myself ruin your successful life now. I will not jeopardize your career. Oo, nababasa ko ang tungkol sa 'yo. Nakapunta na rin ako sa Duisternis, sa bar nga lang." Ali finally looked into his eyes and ruefully smiled. "I am really sorry. Iniisip ko lang ang kapakanan mo. I loved you, Mac. You have ultimately gained the life you deserves. I don't fit into your life anymore. Sana maintindihan mo 'ko kung bakit hindi ako lumapit sa 'yo..."