Frank and Rayna Part 3

"So, this is it? You're moving to Virginia." Brendan stated as Frank and Spencer nodded.

"Hey, I'll visit. Besides, you're headed to Utica University in July. Spence, you're starting at Utica Community College. We all have plans, but we can always get together." Frank explained.

The guys nodded. Spencer smiled, "You'll do ok. Just once you become a big time CEO don't forget us."

Frank looked at his two best friends, "Never."

Soon, Harry joined them and all four men share a solemn goodbye. They stood and watched as their friend drove away towards the next chapter in his life.

"Mr. Blue, you know you can call on us if you need anything, ok?" Spencer added. Brendan nodded, and Harry smiled. His son had truly good friends.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, Rayna was perplexed. Demonte would not leave. Her mother told her she wanted him gone tonight, or she would deal with Demonte herself. Rayna was afraid. Demonte had a temper, and she did not want her mother hurt.

That night RexAnne came home to find her unwanted house guest lounging lazily on her sofa while drinking a beer.

"Demonte I want you to go get your things and get out of my house." RexAnne ordered.

Rayna rushed into the room. She placed her body between Demonte and her mother.

"Move Rayna. I gave you a chance, and you did nothing. Now I want this man out of my house and I want him out now." RexAnne demanded once more.

Demonte laughed, "Bitch, shut up. This is my house. I'm the only man up in here."

"Wait? What did you just say to me?" Rayna's mom was beyond mad. Rayna stood in front of Demonte. She tried to explain.

"Wait, momma, he was just playing." She stated.

Demonte stood behind her, daring her mother to approach him. She stopped and smiled. "Let me put it this way. You will leave my house. Whether you leave walking or in a body bag, the choice is yours." She picked up her bag.

"Bitch," Demonte replied menacingly, "You are threatening me. Do you know who I am?" he shoved Rayna to the side and advance on her mother. Meanwhile, the neighbors grew concerned and called the police. Rayna's two year old son was terrified and screaming. The baby was crying. Rayna was begging Demonte to stop. Rayna was afraid Demonte would strike her mother. She tried to intervene once more and he slapped her across the face, knocking her to the floor. RexAnne saw enough, and pulled her weapon. As she cocked the handgun, Demonte realized his life was forfeit.

Rayna begged her mother not to shoot him. Demonte started pleading for his life as well. RexAnne was about to squeeze the trigger when someone beat on the door. "Police, open up!" they yelled.

Demonte ran and started telling them his life was being threatened. RexAnne never put away her weapon, until the officers ordered her too. Then she explained, and the police demanded that Demonte get out of her house.

"Ray, get your stuff, we leaving." Rayna was frozen, too afraid to move, yet terrified of what he'd do to her if she didn't. "Get my damn baby and let's go." he ordered. Rayna reached for her daughter.

RexAnne stood in front of her daughter. She was suspicious, but tonight she knew for sure. There was no way Rayna was going anywhere with this man. "My granddaughter is not leaving this house. As your guardian, I am responsible for her. She's mine. If you want to go with him you can. But know this Rayna Alicia, you won't be welcomed back into this house." Rayna froze.

As he was being escorted out, Demonte yelled expletives, and threatened the girl with bodily harm. He ended up being arrested, and the officers told RexAnne to get an order of protection and if he came near them again, he would be locked up.

One officer left with Demonte in his car, while the other remained with the family. He talked to Rayna. Without revealing and saying too much, they learned that tonight was not the first time he struck her. RexAnne was upset, and Nadine arrived home to chaos. She picked up the baby and calmed her as Rayna sat beside her mother, crying. Nadine was silent. Her son, Chauncey, climbed into his mom's lap. Even at two, he was protective of his mom. Rayna was embarrassed, scared, and for the first time, she was not hiding anymore.

Soon, the officer left, RexAnne looked at both her daughter. "You two are going back to college. Nadine, I want you to finish your nursing degree, and Rayna, you have two children. Despite that fool they need you. Tomorrow, go down to UCC and see if they can let you in. I've done my best to raise you two, now it's time for you to start standing on your own.

Nadine was silent. She was one year short of earning her degree, then Rayna was raped and Chauncey was conceived. She decided to stay home and help her mom and sister. Even tonight, realizing the terror her younger sister faced, she still felt responsible for her.

Rayna looked at her older sister, her champion. "Nadine, go back to college, and finish. You need to do this, not just for show, but because you deserve it. The kids and I are still here, but they are my responsibility and not yours. Go, finish your program."

Nadine nodded. It didn't matter. She would still help her sister, even if it meant taking longer to finish then she originally thought.

U