Chapter 23: Sakura Vs Ino

Hi Guys!

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please let me know about how I did and if anything doesn't make sense, please ask.

Just a reminder to vote for my book for the Naruto Watty Awards! Shout out to sasosaku_03 for voting already! You're awesome! And... We are officcially 10 followers away from reaching 200!!! Shout out to annamaystevenson for being my 189th follower! You rock!

As always, I only own Kitami and any other new characters I introduce along the way. The Naruto world and characters all belong to their rightful owner, Masashi Kishmoto.

Hope you enjoy and please vote, comment and follow! \(^o^*)/

On with the Story!!!!! \ (><)/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura's POV

I watch the arena as Kankuro is decided the winner of the match and Misumi is taken away on a stretcher. Everyone is remarkable at using their chakra... I thought I was pretty good at using my Chakra, but... Now I can see how far behind I really am... I wonder who my opponent will be...? I look around at my opponents. I really hope I won't have to fight any of the sand genin. Especially the one with the Gourd on his back. He just radiates out danger. At the same time, I don't really want to fight any of my friends but I guess versing Ino could be interesting... I then look to the Sound Genin we faced earlier. Two of them have already been beaten which leaves the girl last...

I sigh, not really up to fighting any of the overly powerful genin here, and excuse myself to go freshen up in the bathroom. I walk over to the sink and splash water in my face. That is when I sense a chakra signature appear behind me. I look up into the mirror in front of me and see Ino standing in the doorway behind me.

"Ino!"

"You're scared, aren't you, Sakura?"

"Wha?"

"Even Sasuke-kun was carried away. Actually, he was able to get away with minor injuries because it was him fighting. If you fight in these preliminary matches, I can't imagine what will happen. You should give up."

I'm put down by her advice and I run my hand through my hair. That is when a memory runs through my mind. I remember myself making an oath to be stronger when I cut my hair. It's okay, I can do my best in this, too.

"Give up? The only one who's going to give up is the one who suggests it, Ino. The thought never even crossed my mind," I smile confidently. I walk towards the doorway and stop when I'm beside her. I turn my head to her, giving her a determined look. "Actually, I can't wait for my match," I say before walking back to the arena.

Alright! Bring it on! Shannaro!! My Inner says determinedly.

Just as I reach the arena, they are about to announce the fifth match.

"Moving along... We will now begin the fifth match."

I head back over to Kakashi Sensei and Naruto as the board starts to flick through our names.

"Geez, everyone is such a weirdo, Dattebayo," I hear Naruto say as I reach the railing.

"And you're not?" Sensei asks. I can't help but smile at this.

"That's right," I smile.

"Not you too, Sakura-chan..." Naruto says before I giggle at him.

Suddenly, Sensei places his hand on my shoulder and bends down to whisper into my ear. "This isn't the time to be laughing," he whispers before pointing to something. I follow the direction he is pointing to and realise it's the board. I'm shocked to see what's on it before smiling to myself in victory. Written on the board is 'Sakura Haruno vs. Ino Yamanaka'. I look behind me to see Ino coming back from the bathroom. As she looks at the board too, I see surprise cross her face before she meets my gaze and gives me a determined look. I send one back to her. I will win and prove my strength to myself and my team. I'm not weak.