Chapter 1

I woke up to the yelling. They're always yelling. I look up at the clock on the wall. 2:30am. 'Why always so early?' i think getting out of bed. i walk over to my closet and put on a red long sleeve shirt, black pants, and black socks. I walked out of my room and into the bathroom. i brushed my teeth and hair. i quietly crept down the stairs and peeped in on my dad and drunk moms conversation.

"We have to get rid of her Dan!" my witch of a mother yelled. "Vanes, please!" my father pleaded. "No! She's worthless and a waste of money!" she snapped back, swinging around an almost empty beer bottle. I knew he wouldn't fight that witch. I ran up stairs quietly, going into my room. I grabbed my blood red backpack. I put in a few pieces of clothing and my beloved stuffed knife, weird thing to have huh?

Just as I finish packing my dad opens the door. "come on" he said softly pulling my out the door and into the car. It smelled of strong alcohol and cheap perfume. My dad went on the say, "This is for your own good. You need this." and such. I grabbed his hand on the siring wheel. "It's fine" i say with no emotion, looking out the window. He didn't talk anymore. We pulled up at the orphanage and I jump out of the car and walk up to the door. My dads car speeds away. I reached up and knocked on the door. A lady in a pink polka dot dress opens the door. "oh! Hello there, where are your parents?", she asked smiling at me. "i don't know, can i stay here?" I ask giving her one of my sweetest smiles. "Of course! Follow me to your new room! she said letting me in. There were many little kids, around 4-6 playing dress up, and two girls that looked around my age. 12. I followed the kind lady up a flight of stairs before it came into a large hallway with many doors. All with different colors, there were pink, blue, yellow, neon green, dark green, orange, white, red, and a black one all the way in the back. She lead me down to the black door. "this will be your room! Sorry it's not much" she said. I looked around at the bear room, only a dusty old looking desk, a faded rug, and a bed with a ripped sheet, torn pillow, and a blanket of rags."It's amazing!" i gasp running to the bed and hugging it. She giggled a little. "I'm going to need you to come with me. I need to make you adoption papers!" she said. "ok!" I drop my bag on the bed and followed the nice lady to a office. I sat down in the chair in front of the desk in the office. "Let's start of easy, what's your name?" she asked me. "What's your name?" i asked her back. "oh! I'm sorry! I'm Miss Mary. now please answer the question" she said back. "o-oh. My name is...

Well i was always called Shadow" i said not telling her my real name. She must have seen i was uncomfortable she stopped asking my name and asked my different questions. "Whens your Birthday?" "Sometime in July" "Age?" "12" "Favorite color?" "black or red". She stopped after that.

Hope you enjoyed!

Have a great day!!!