Chapter 3

~4 Years Later~

"Girls get ready!" Miss Mary calls down. Today was the day! It was the Adopt Day! The day every year when we are all free or cheap! I got up and checked on the girls. Button, Soul, Lizzy, and Luciy. I was so happy! not because I may be adopted, but because i was gonna get them adopted! They were now 8,9,or 10. They weren't gonna stay any longer. I knocked on Luciy's door. "Shadow!" she cried pulling me in. "which dress should I wear?", she asked. "I thought you didn't like dresses?" i say. "I don't... But don't parents like it if i'm in a dress?" she asked. "Not if your not your self they're not!" i say. She smiled. "Thank you Shadow!" she said hugging me then pushing me out. I then went on to help the other girls. After helping them get ready I go down the stairs to see I nice looking lady walking out with Soul. She was adopted. There were other adults coming in and talking to the girls. I went into the kitchen and brought out the cake that Miss Mary had gotten for the event. Everybody loved it. By the end of the day, it was only me, Luciy, and Miss Mary in the living room. Luciy ran to me crying. "S-Shadow! W-Why doesn't anyone w-want me!?" she sobbed. "Oh, someone does!" "doesn't seem that-" the door bell rang. Miss Mary opened the door to revel a lady in a neon green jump-suit. She looked around and said,"I'm not too late am I?". "Not at all. Would you like little Luciy?"i asked. "Yes!" she said grabbing Luciy. Me and Miss Mary sat back down in the living room. I smiled to myself. "I'm sorry you haven't been adopted..." Miss Mary said looking down. "It's okay Miss Mary! You helped me give all of those wonderful girls homes!" I say smiling and handing her the last piece of cake. "You deserve so much better then this place..." she said shaking her head chuckling. "how do you do it?" she asked. "Do what?" I asked her smiling. "That. You'll always so happy and selfless... to everyone... even in the darkest moments" she said. I just giggled. "I guess i just love to see others smile! and when they aren't i give them one of mine!" i say picking up all the dirty plate and cleaning them. I finished washing the dishing when the door bell rang. It was 11:47pm. 'who's up this late? Even Miss Marys asleep'. I quietly looked out the peep hole to see a very tall man with a hat that covered his face. He was in a formal looking tie. I creaked the door open a tad. He looked down at me. "I'm sorry sir, but Miss Marys asleep" I say smiling up at him. "Child. I need to talk to Mary. Let me in" he said. But it sounded like it was in my head? "Please give me a minute sir! I must go wake her up before you can come in" I say. "Ok" he said looking strait again. I run up stairs to Miss Marys room. Lucky for me she was reading a book. "Miss Mary theres a man at the door for you" i say. She turned pale like she already knew who i was talking about. "Please Shadow stay here" she said running down stairs. Normally I would listen, but this was different. I crept down stairs after her. "No! She's not up for adoption!" Miss Mary yelled at the man. He looked at me.

Hope you enjoyed!

Have a great day!!!