Reflection

As EmberRose and I walked down the hallways of the Nemesis, I filled her in on everything that's happened to me.

"Well. Everything started when I first met Soundwave." I began turning into Sounders and my room. I sat down on the berth and crossed my legs settling back against the wall.

"I was walking back in my old hometown in Alabama. At that time I went by the name Kasey. But as I was walking I seen a plane go down and into the crop field just outside of the town. I thought maybe it was a military jet seeing as the town was close to a military base, but as I was trying to see if I could help I realized it wasn't a jet. It was an unmanned drone."

"Are unmanned drones that rare to see?" EmberRose questioned.

"Yes and no. If one works on a base with them no. But for civilians. Yes it may be rare. If I remember right unmanned drones are only used when manned flight has been deemed to dangerous or risky."

"Earth military is strange." She said thoughtfully, chewing on a talon, a move I have come to see Starscream do plenty of times when thinking. Hm. Like daughter like carrier I guess. (I still don't know if Starscream would be called a carrier as he is a mech)

"I thought the same of your military, EmberRose."

"I did not mean to offend."

"Ha, you didn't. Don't worry." I said and she motioned for me to continue.

"Not long after I discovered the drone, a metal bird retracted from it and flew around. Suddenly a groundbridge opened up and Megatron and the others came through. That's when I met everyone else."

"What did you think?"

"It was quite strange at first. Though comical. I got launched in the feet quite a couple times."
A quiet chuckle came from EmberRose as she leaned back against the wall. A silent hiss resonated through the room and tiny pedesteps resonated through the room followed by slightly louder and larger steps.
Nightstar giggled walking inside, followed by Soundwave. He turned to look at us and nodded walking to his computer and started working.

"Loyal as always." EmberRose said turning back to me.

I giggled picking up Nightstar, grabbing a soft cloth and rubbing circles into her wings.

"She is beautiful."

"Thank you."

"When did she come around?" she said gently petting Nightstars helm.

"Mmm. Maybe about four years after I met everyone. Two after Sounders and I became a thing."

"Honestly, I never even thought about having a sparkling." EmberRose mused aloud. "Neither has Knockout."

"How long have you and Knockout known each other."

"200,000 years. Been sparkmates for 5,000 of them."

"Wait, so. Knockout and BD never?" I puzzled looking at her.

"No," she giggled, servo covering her mouth. "They were just really, really good friends. I can see where you were coming from."

"Oh. So how did y'all meet?" I inquired.

"We've known each other since we were sparklings. Grew up together in the highest class before the war. He would always come and stay with us when his Sire was drunk and abusive. My trinemates and I would hide him in our room if he came looking for Knocks. I wonder how Windthrust is doing. She was BD's sparkmate."

My mouth dropped, coolant pooling at the edges of my vision. Breakdown had a sparkmate. I couldn't even think about looking Sounders without getting sick.

"Oh my," I whispered as tears slipped silently down my cheek. "Is she still online?"

"As far as I can tell. Yea. She was always a strong femme. I think she's sparkbroken badly but too stubborn to die."

"Like Lord Megatron." I snorted softly rubbing Nightstars helm gently, lips curling up as her wings fluttered softly. I giggled, feeling Soundwave practically radiating affection into our bond. I looked to him as he stood silently typing.

"Sorry for getting us off track. Anything else interesting?" EmberRose giggled blushing. I laughed and turned back explaining the hunt for Iacon relics, seeing Cybertron for the very first time in person. I noticed Soundwave growing more tense as I got closer to my death.

"You'll. Have to bear with me on this part." I said softly. EmberRose had a look of pure concern now.

"Most of what I remember was. As the Omega Lock created Dark Mount, Optimus made a run for his Starsaber. I noticed and ran into battle without thinking and," I looked to Soundwave who was as tense as I've ever seen him. "And Prime stabbed me. Killing me."

I felt a warm servo on my shoulder and I looked up into Soundwave's faceplates.

"It's a very sensitive topic for us. That wound is still healing in both of our sparks." He said softly rubbing circles in my back with his thumb.

"Then don't worry about telling me, Leo." She smiled.

"Your pwetty." A small voice between us interrupted. I giggled as EmberRose picked her up.

"Why thank you sweetie. Your pretty yourself." She cooed, tickling her sides gently. Nightstar giggled, pushing her hands away.

"NO! NO TICKLES!!" she squeaked as we laughed.

___________

Sorry it's so short and that I didn't exactly cover everything.