Skylines and Turnstiles

Let's just say that choosing a few Killjoys out of an eager pack of twenty was not easy peasy, pumpkin peasy, pumpkin pie. In the end, I chose only two Killjoys, two guys named Vampire Murder and Electric Ion. I sent all the other Killjoys off except for a group of ten, led by two girls named Battery Cola and Cyanide Monster, that would stay behind and guard the Diner. 

"So, what are we gonna do with Missile Kid?" asked Electric Ion. 

"What do you mean 'what are we gonna do with Missile Kid?'" growled Thrill Killer. 

"Um, Thrill, I think Ion's right. She shouldn't come, it would be incredibly dangerous for her." I reminded him. 

"Sorry, I'm just a little protective of her, she's like my little sister ya know," he apologized to Electric Ion. 

"I know, me too." I smiled at him. 

After a while Vampire Murder asks "So, what ARE we gonna do with Missile?"  

"I think we should leave her with Dr. Death and Show Pony once we find them." says Thrill Killer. 

"Sounds like a plan, so we find Dr. D and then look for the Four from there?" I asked my group. They all nodded yes. 

"Sounds shiny, I'll go load the car and you two can go get Missile Kid." Thrill says gesturing to Vampire Murder and Electric Ion. 

"You're a lot better at this leader stuff than I am," I huffed at Thrill. 

"Nah, you're just excited about finding your boys. You know, in their eyes- all the Killjoys- you're just as good as Party Poison," he adds. 

"No, no one is as good a as Party Poison, I'm just a temporary replacement." I laugh with him and we continue to pile the beans and Power Pup in the trunk of the Trans-Am.  

I got in the drivers seat and Thrill took his usual place beside me on the passenger side. A little pang hit my stomach as it always did when I throttled the ignition, it reminded me of all the times I would sit beside Party Poison as we wheeled through the desert at top speed. I took a deep breath and headed for the entrance of the Diner. 

Cyanide Monster and Battery Cola sauntered towards my window and we reviewed all the safety measures we had put up on the Diner to protect it from Dracs. Once I was sure they had it down pact I called Vampire Murder, Electric Ion, and Missile Kid into the car. 

"Well are ya ready guys?" I asked with a sense of excitement building in the pit of my stomach. 

"FUCKIN' READY!" they answered me in unison. 

I grinned and floored the car, "Then let's get fucking to it!"

We had been driving for about an hour when we spotted the first signs of BL/ind activity. The guys and Missile had fallen asleep so I woke them all up quickly and they all got the message.  

"We're heading through enemy territory folks, ray guns out," I muttered. 

I noticed that Missile Kid had slouched down in between Vamp and Ion, hiding herself from anyone who might be watching. The sun was going down and I had to make a choice: Stop for the night or keep driving. The obvious choice seemed to be to keep driving but at night in the desert you can barely see two feet in front of you so I'd have to drive with the headlights of the car on. The other choice, camping out, was equally as dangerous. For one, nights in the desert can get pretty fuckin' cold and we'd HAVE to make a fire and that would alert any Dracs in the vicinity to our presence. 

I decided to keep driving, or keep running as Jet-Star had often said. 

Thrill turned on the radio to Dr. D's station and while I expected to find static, we heard the song that started the journey, the song that gave us all hope.

I'd rather go to hell 

Than be in purgatory 

Cut my hair 

Gag and bore me 

Pull this pin 

Let this world explode'

Those lyrics seemed to touch something within all of us and we sat up a little straighter and held our ray guns just a bit tighter.