6

Drew

I played a g note on my keyboard for what seemed like the 100th time in the last hour and turned to Tristan.

"That better be the last run through or I swear Im never shooting another video again." I complained.

We had just - hopefully - finished recording a new cover. I turned off my piano and mic, easing my way through the instruments we had arranged intricately on one side of what was the biggest bedroom of our flat. We used it as a recording and editing studio, but on the other half of the room it looked more like a bro cave, complete with couches and a mini fridge.

Tristan rolled his eyes and went to check the camera. "Whatever, Drew. I just wanted to get a few more angles in."

"Great, more editing for me to do." Alex groaned. "At least we have a lot of footage to work with. And not just one run through like last week's, right Blake?" Alex joked.

Blake fake laughed and rolled his eyes. He picked up a cushion from the couch and threw it towards Alex. When it hit him square in the face we all burst into laughter, well except for Alex.

"Well hey guys we still need to do the sign off." I reminded them. It was late and I was ready to crash.

"Right, ok." Blake said and turned the camera on. He took it off the tripod and held it up as we all gathered behind him. He flipped the screen and pressed record.

Blake started the sign off with, " Hey guys, thanks for watching our cover of Jersey, by Mayday Parade."

"Be sure to check us out on iTunes and Spotify," I added.

"And be sure to give this video a thumbs up!" Alex said, giving the camera a thumbs up.

"We post new covers every Thursday, and weekly vlogs on Friday!" Tristan finished.

Blake snapped the camera off and set it down.

" Man can you believe our last cover hit 5,000 views? That's crazy!" Alex exclaimed as he plopped down on the couch.

"I know right? Last month we were barely hitting a thousand." Tristan agreed.

I crossed the room and sat in the empty egg chair. "Yeah, if only our iTunes rating would go up that fast."

It was true that we were gaining views and subscribers fast on YouTube, but iTunes was the big seller if we wanted to really get out there.

We had been on YouTube for the past three years, and I guess all that time and determination was starting to pay off. We haven't released any of our own music yet, but so far our covers had been successful.

"I know man." Blake said as he collapsed the tripod. "I better start this editing if we want to post tomorrow."

"I'll help you go through the footage." Tristan offered. "Hey Alex, do we have any Energy Shots left? We're going to need them."

Alex got up and went to the mini fridge to check. "Nope. I think I had the last one this morning."

"Dang, will you run and get us a pack?" Blake asked.

"No way man, it's late, I have class at 7." Alex sat back down.

Blake sighed. "Drew?"

I groaned and hung my head, silently searching for a way not to go.

Unable to come up with an excuse on the spot, I played errand boy and took Tristan's  Jeep to go to the nearest supermarket.

It was almost midnight as I drove through the dark streets. I couldn't stop yawning. They so owed me.

I stopped at a red light and glanced at a row of empty shops; a diner, a few clothing stores, and a coffee shop on the end. They all looked deserted, except for a lone car outside of the coffee shop. It caught my interest and as I looked closer I noticed the hood was raised and that there was a girl leaning over the engine. I wondered how long she had been stuck out here. Why hadn't She called someone for help?

I continued to watch as she threw her hands up in frustration and turned around. It was Ravyn.

I didn't wait for the light turned green, instead I just turned into the lot.

I rolled down the window of the Jeep as I stopped next to her. Her face went from terrified to relieved when she recognized me and I couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, having car issues?" I asked sarcastically. Her face fell again and she turned back to her car.

"Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with it. It won't start up." She said grumpily and and kicked the front tire. I made myself a mental side note; she was cute when she was aggravated.

"Let me take a look for you." I offered.