7.

Ravyn

One thing I loved about closing the store was that I was the last one to leave. This meant having the whole coffee shop to myself, for normally however long I wanted as long as I locked up.

It didn't happen often, but there were times that I would sometimes stay past midnight, lost in a world of writing, daydreaming about story lines and plot twists, and creating dialogue for characters I hadn't even out on paper yet.

Tonight was one of those nights, where I knew I could let myself relax without the worry of school or work the next day. However, all good things must come to an end, and sadly that meant this precious time too.

As it neared midnight, I gathered my things and locked the door to the coffee shop. It was very creepy outside in the dead of night, and I ran through the lot to my car, mace in hand.

I relaxed a little when I was safely inside my vehicle. I set my things in the passenger seat and out my keys in the ignition. When I tried to start it it died, and did I a little.

"No, no, no. Don't do this to me." I pleaded as I tried again and again with no luck. I sighed and looked out the window and the deserted streets. For a moment I pondered hkw uncomfortable it would be to sleep in my car. I immediately dismissed the idea. There is no way I could sleep in my car alone without having a panic attack.

I grabbed my mace and held it securely as I popped the hood of my car and got out. I had no earthly idea what I was looking at or what was wrong with my car.

I hung my head and prayed for something spontaneous to happen. That either I could instantly know how to fix my car, or that it would magically start up again. Neither choice seemed very likely. I sighed and threw up my arms, giving up. I turned around and leaned against the open hood, burying my face in my hands.

And that's when option three came. Send a stranger to save me. At first, I went into full panic as I heard the engine. I looked up to see a Jeep coming towards me. I had a death grip on my spray and I never took my eyes away from the car.

But then the window rolled down and I recognized the blue eyed boy in the driver's seat. I breathed out, relieved it wasn't some serial killer.

I wanted to say hi, or thank him, something but for some reason, my mind want working.

"Having car trouble?" He asked with a crooked smile.

I snapped out of my stupor and turned toward my car. "The stupid thing won't start. Im not sure what's wrong with it." I told him, kicking the front tire.

His smile seemed to grow as he unbuckled. "Let me take a look at it." I stood back as he got out of his Jeep and went to look at the engine.

"Hmm, nothing really looks out of sorts, so that's a good sign." He looked back at me and I smiled nervously, I was terrified he was going to start quizzing me about auto mechanics. I knew absolutely nothing about cars, just that they needed gas and oil to run properly.

Thankfully Drew just smiled and asked, "Would you mind trying to start it?" Releived at the simple task, I gladly sat in the front seat and attempted to start the engine - again. It didn't work.

"Yeah, you just need a jump off." He said peeking around the hood. "Do you have any jumper cables with you?"

I knew what those were thankfully, and I didn't have to sound like a total airhead. I didn't however have any, which posed a problem. I shook my head and got out of the car.

"Well, I'm on my way to the supermarket anyway, I can get some while in there and come back to jump you off." He said casually. It seemed as good a plan as any.