2

Of course I knew they would get angry. They taught me not to interrupt adults or elders in general when they're talking to me. My mother angrily slammed her hand on the table. "You're not going to talk to your father like that!" I straightened my figure, bowed my head and mumbled, "Mianhae, Eomma..."

I've always shown lots of respect towards my mother.

She smiled and laid her hand on top of mine. "Don't worry, hun. But your father and I need to tell you something. Please don't be too upset or mad at us, okay?"

'Wait... What...? No! This can't happen! Please don't say what I think you're about to say...' I thought. I was prepared for the point in which they wanted me to get married. But not for what was to be said next. "Eomma...?" I questioned.

She took a deep breath and gave my father a sign to tell me whatever they had to tell me. He also took a deep breath and lowered his head. He couldn't even look me into the eyes while he silently explained what they had been planning behind my back all this time.

"As I already said: we want you to get married." He became silent again, making me feel as if it would be okay to comment his words. I wasn't able to take this situation serious. This must've been a bad joke. Some kind of prank.

"Okay... So, what? Should I go out to a club or somewhere, hit up a guy I find attractive and think I could maybe come along with, date him and this will lead to us getting married in less than a year? Do you really think this is how it works these days?!" "Calm down. You don't have to worry about anything."

Once my father had said that I leaned across the table, closer to my parents. I opened my mouth, wanting to ask what he meant but my mother already had a wide grin plastered on her face and happily continued the sentence my father had begun. "Because we already chose who you're going to get married to."

"W-Wh-What!?" My parents smiled at each other and looked back to see my shocked face - totally misunderstanding my reaction. They must've mistaken my shock as excitement. "Awesome, right? That keeps you from so much trouble: finding a guy, dating, proposal,..."

My jaw dropped. "Awesome?! Have you gone crazy?! You just chose some random man to marry your only child to! How can you do this?!" "Yah! He's not some 'random' man." I rolled my eyes slowly, making sure my parents clearly saw.

"No, of course he's not. He's not a stranger. It's just that I've never met him and don't know him. But yeah, let's just say he's more than that. So? What's special about him? What makes you think I would agree to marry him?" I leaned back, waiting for their response. To my surprise my father smiled. But his smile soon turned back to his usual straight face. "First of all, it's not as if you had a chance to disagree. You're going to marry him, no matter what. Now let us tell you what makes him different."

I nodded, agreeing to what my father had said. If I was forced to marry someone then I could at least let my parents tell me all they knew about my future husband before I'm actually meeting him.

"Appa! One more thing..." "What is it, sweetie?" My mother answered instead but I didn't care. "This will probably be a long talk, so... could we maybe sit down on the sofa? It's a more comfortable atmosphere there than here at the table." My father nodded. "Sounds like a good idea." "Thanks, Appa. You two can go already, I'll only get myself some apple juice and follow in a minute."

With that my parents left the kitchen. At least I would get a short moment for myself. I felt the strong need to be alone for a second. I had to take a few deep breaths. I felt as if I was suffocating. This was unbelievable. This whole situation was unbelievable. It felt unreal. But I slowly started realising that my parents were dead serious about all this.

I took a glass of apple juice like I said I would and started heading towards the living room. I sat down on the side of the sofa, opposite from my parents. I sighed. This would be a long day...

I sighed and forced a smile onto my lips. "Okay, so... Eomma? Facts first, please. As a woman yourself you're definitely better at that. I guess you know best what a girl wants and needs to know about a man." My mother smiled at me. "I'll try to be as objective as possible. But it will be hard." I nodded at her, so she would start to talk.

"His mother actually went to university with me. We studied medicine together and shared a dorm room since day one."

Yes, my mum's a doctor. She has her own hospital and thanks to that I never have to go see the doctor. So it seemed like our mothers are old friends... Interesting. She never told me much about her days at university. Maybe I should ask her about it later...

"Now the facts about my friend's son: His name is Kim Seokjin. He's 23 now. His birthday is on 4th December. He's about 15 centimetres taller than you. Broad shoulders. Cute smile. Well, not going to lie: he's really handsome. He studied at the University to become an actor. And he also shares your love for food, music, Mario and everything pink. His mother also told me he is a good singer and he cooks very well. She said he sings often and even plays the guitar. I thought he could be your type. And from the short talk I had with him I know he's very kind and polite. I have to admit his voice sounds beautiful, I can't even imagine how heavenly it must sound when he sings..." I chuckled. "Eomma! I think that's enough information for now."

As much as I hated to admit it: my mother knew me too well. He really sounded like he was totally my type. I would've never admitted it to my parents but yes, by now I was beyond excited to meet him.