CHAPTER 12 - FULL MASAOMI

THE STORY BEGINS:
(Opening memo) "To live happily in life, one must not dwell upon its meaning. To find happiness, one has to experience and absorb the happiness around them, not hesitating upon every negative that they encounter, but to overcome them and keep on moving forward. Just take a look with wider eyes and broader minds, whatever you're searching for, it's certainly out there. Don't give up. "

"Hahaha! So, what are you gunna do? If you're no hero, then what will being an unexpected nobody do to someone like me?" The shady person said.
"W-what do you want me to do to you?" Hoshi said. "Im just me..."
"Riiight, so being as 'unexpected' as you are," the shady person said with both his hands and finger doing the bunny ears, "you unexpectedly lost a friend. How does that feel?"
Hoshi stood traumatized. His head ran with memories of the past gushing into his mind nonstop. Hohsi held his head with both hands and fell onto his knees.
"Friends... lost..." Hoshi said. "I didn't lose any friends! I don't know what you're talking about... I have plenty of friends." He said with a smile.
"Thought you would try to smile and hold back." The shady person said as he smiled devilishly. "Here... Why don't you take a look at this, " He said as he took out a wooden star, "does this remind you of anyone in particular?"
Hoshi stared at the wooden star. His eyes widened open. He remembered when he gave a wooden star to Mikado on the walk home after meeting up with her at the RawMeat Shop.
"H-how did you get that?" Hoshi stuttered.
"Ah, so you do remember. Little ol' Mikado. Cute she was. Too bad you lost her." The shady person said as he played with the wooden star tossing it around in the air and catching it.
"I didn't lose her. She chose to go. And I let her. Whatever she had to do Im pretty sure she's happy."
"Oh? And you believe a little lie will keep yourself happy? The truth is, she hated you." The shady person said as he smiled and gripped the wooden star. He struck the wooden star into the ground in front of Hoshi. Hoshi stared at it. Still traumatized, he stared with an unsteady face.
"Shut up! Who are you anyways? Please tell me who you are!" Hoshi pleaded as he picked up the star and took a step closer to the stranger.
"Me? Haha, why how curious you are."
"I'm very curious! So please do tell me who you are." Hoshi said with a smile hiding his pain.
"Haha, pathetic. You're just trying to become friends with me, but I can promise you, that I am not your friend and never will be. I hate your guts." He said with a steady dark face and tone of voice.
"But... even so... I...I just want to know your name sir..." Hoshi replied with a strucked but steady voice.
"My name? Haha... You've met me before. Don't you remember?"
"I-I did? I don't remember... Anyone I've met I always remember, even if just a glimpse."
"Ha! Of course you wouldn't remember! I was there! I was there at the little shop where you guys always hang and ate. I was there since the beginning, way before I started to think about hating you." He said as he laughed devilishly, "I was there watching you and Ceru... You just had to interfere and become Ceru's partner huh?! But that doesn't matter anymore! Because you lost her and that's fine enough with me!"
"C-ceru... What do you mean? I still don't know who you are... "
"My name is Leon." He said as he bowed before Hoshi. "Leon the one who broked little tiny and weak Rin's heart. But she was a pleasure... I thought things would fill me up as I had Rin, but my lust for Ceru didn't erase completely. Everytime I saw you with Ceru I hated you more and more." The stranger said with contempt.
"Leon... I heard that name before... You're the one who dumped Rin... So... She's been sad everyday because of you... But what does that have to do with Ceru?" Hoshi replied.
"Oh, it isn't just what I've done. It's what you've done."
"What I've done? What do you mean?"
"Oh you know what I mean Hoshi..."
"Seriously... Please Leon... Maybe we can be friends if we just sit down and chat for a while. What do you say?" Hoshi said as he reached a hand out towards Leon.
"Quit playing dumb. You I'll never be your friend. You took something away from me and I seriously hate you. Like seriously Hoshi."
Hoshi collapsed a bit and flinched. He stood back up and smiled hiding his pain and said, "W-why not?"
"Because. My hatred for you is eternity." Leon said deeply. He stared with a contempt dark face. Hoshi smiled weaker. But he still smiled. "I guess you've never had this before huh? A rejection from being friends, I guess being you, it must hurt a lot. Here let me add in some more to that just because I love to see you suffer. Ceru left you because of me."
Hoshi's face became blank. Memories of Ceru's leaving him returned.
"I broke up the trio. I broke Rin's heart. I broke the bond between you and Ceru. In fact, I lured her to me, telling sweet Ceru to break up with you. I told her that you were just toying with her, a good for nothing player. A little boy who just hid his true intentions. To use her. But I. I could do so much more to satisfy her. But my hate for you wasn't satisfied. And so I made you lose some friends. Do you remember now? All the pain you tried to hide away? All the friends you thought were happy and left you?"
A heart fractured. The heart is fractured almost completely. Hoshi held his chest as his heart pulse rate quickened. He breathed a bit heavier and sweated.
"And that isn't just my final victory of tearing you down. My final killing blow is... Ceru is with me now." Leon said as he smiled.
The heart fractured completely. It didn't shatter but it completely fractured and turned purple. Hoshi's blank face turned dark. His eyes lit purple. His face began to change color staring from between his eyes above the nose tip.
"I... I lost them..." Hoshi said as he stood there looking down. Leon didn't see his face but he smiled and chuckled.
"That's right. You couldn't save any of them. Not a single one."
"I couldn't save... any of them... not even one friend..." Hoshi said as he started to chuckle. "Hehe... I couldn't save one... You're right... I'm so useless." Hoshi said as he covered his face from the eyes.
"That's right. That's right. Hoshi the Unexpected was so unexpected that he didn't expect to lose his friends. What an irony! You finally get it huh? " Leon said with a smile. "Let's see what the famous Hoshi has to say about that. What are you gunna do eh?"
"I...I..." Hoshi started to say.
"Hoshi? Is that you Hoshi?" Rin yelled from the forest.
"Dammit... And I was just having fun. I'll see you laters Hoshi. Nice to meet you." Leon said as he bowed to him. He then ran off ad disappeared.
"Hoshi?" Rin said as she staggered out of the forest and say Hoshi on the ground on his knees covering his face.
"Hoshi!" She said as she ran to him in panic. She grabbed Hoshi's back and budged him a little.
"Hey Hoshi! Are you okay? Hoshi? Answer me!" She yelled.
"Hehehe... I... I am quite alright!" Hoshi yelled s he retaliated upwards and smiled sinisterly. "I am always alright? Always!"
Rin noticed Hoshi looked different. She backed up a bit. Hoshi stood up and stared at her with his smile. He smiled deeply, as if he lust for death.
""Hoshi... What happened to you... You look different."
"Eh? What are you talking about? The name is Full Masaomi! There is no Hoshi anymore!" Hoshi said as he swung his arms to each side showing that he was fine and unharmed, expressing his power.
"Don't hide it... You're hurt baka... You look... different... look at yourself." Rin said as she took his hands and showed Hoshi. His hands started to turn purple. Hoshi stared at his hands and then laughed.
"Hahaha! So? It's an amazing color isn't it? Not like anyone would ever notice that I'm hurt! This world is so full of hurt! And who's always there to save them?! Hoshi! He's always there to save the day! And does he ever get anything in return? No! Not a thing! And is he fine with that! Of course he is! But do they ever stay?! No, they lie and hide the truth and leave behind my back!" Hoshi ranted in pain and a horrible smile. Rin hugged him.
"It's okay Hoshi... If you're hurt, it's okay. I'm sorry you had to go through this pain. " Rin said hugging him. Hoshi stood there with a blank face. His transformation did not disappear. More memories rushed through his head. A voice appeared.
"Im sorry Hoshi." The voice said. Hoshi smiled sinisterly once again. He slipped away from Rin's hug and smiled.
"You think I need your pity?! I, Full Masaomi, need no pity from despicable humans! As interesting as you all are! You humans create such drama and war and hate, do you humans ever see who gets hurt? The one's faking their smiles! The one's hiding in fear! The one's always helping! No! They only get pity in return and- No stop!- Hahaha! Pitiful Hoshi!- Stop, I don't want to hurt Rin!-"
A loud sound interrupted the moment and echoed throughout the park. Rin had slapped Hoshi hard. His cheek stained red from the slap.
"Baka..." Rin said. Another voice came from the forest. Hoshi, no, Full Masaomi shed tears as he held his slapped cheek.
"I don't know what's going on... But you can always hurt me... No one else has to be hurt... just me...I want you to hurt me and me only..."
"Oi! Rin? Did you find Hoshi?" Kaito shouted from within the forest. Full Masaomi noticed the voice and ran off.
"H-hey! Where are you going baka?!" Rin shouted after him. Hoshi ran pass Rin.
"Oi baka. You're gunna leave me now?" Kaito said.
Full Masaomi paused with his back facing the two friends. He stumbled a bit and made sure his face did not reveal. He couldn't let Kaito or anyone else see the way he was now. Full Masaomi's held his chest and his face deepened and grieved in sorrow and regret.
"Oi baka. I know you hear me." Kaito said. "Turn around and answer me."
"I cant..." Full masaomi answered.
"Why not baka?" Kaito said. Kaito stood beside Rin.
"I don't want to hurt you two... I'm losing myself... Hoshi is slowly disappearing... I cant let myself hurt any of my friends..." Hoshi replied.
"Hoshi..." Kaito said as they stepped closer, reaching for his shoulder. Full Masaomi didn't notice Kaito approaching. Kaito grabbed his right shoulder from behind. Kaito grasped it for a while and then let go. Kaito hugged him from behind.
"It doesn't matter Hoshi... You have us... you can never hurt us... and even if you do by chance, we'll always forgive you. That's what friends are for. We're you're best friends Hoshi." Kaito said hugging him and hiding their face in Full Masaomi's back.
"Hoshi.. Kaito's right... please believe us. You helped us before many times. We're sorry you had to go through so much without anyone helping you. But all you have to do is come to us." Rin said.
"Yeah baka... Just come to us... we came to you for help... you found us and help us remember? We were all shit... life was shit. And sure sometimes we still go through more shit, but we always come back because of you... so please don't leave. We love you baka." Kaito said.
Full Masaomi gritted his teeth. His face started to fade to normal.
"Hoshi... please..." Rin said.
"Baka... Listen to us." Kaito hugged Hoshi tighter.
He grabbed kaitos arms as if partly hugging. He completely returned to normal. He started to tear and his shoulders shook. He released the hug and faced the two.
"Hoshi..." they both said.
Hoshi returned to normal and let out a huge whine and cry as a child would cry. He cried for the first time in forever. Filled with uneasy pain and sorrow of memories and love for his friends, he cried in place and covered his eyes. He cried and with each tear drop and voice escaping, came out his pain and sadness all kept inside him.
"Ahoshi!" Kaito said as they rushed in and hugged Hoshi tightly.
Rin smiled with care and teared a bit. Hoshi hid his face within Kaito's chest and hugged tightly in return, still crying loudly and shaking uncontrollably.
"Baka Hoshi... It's okay. We're here now." Kaito said hugging Hoshi tightly and tearing.
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you guys. I didn't know what to do! I couldn't help myself! I lost myself and-" Hoshi said crying.
"It's okay Hoshi, really, it isn't your fault. All that matters is that you're here now and it's alright." Kaito said.
"Hoshi. " Rin started to say, but she noticed he returned to normal. She looked at kai and him hugging, thinking she was going to question Hoshi about his transformation, but she pushed it aside and just smiled.
"R-rin... Hug too..." Hoshi said as he cried steadily and more calmly. Rin smiled and quickly ran over and joined the group hug.
Hoshi narrates
Say... is this how it feels to finally cry and let loose one's emotions? It feels so painful, yet so good... Especially when my friends are there for me... I have so many questions... So many feelings pent up so much rage... but when I let it all out it feels so good... I hurt my friends but they forgive me and don't care because they love me... is this what being friends is truly about? They don't care if they're hurt by me as long as I'm still their friend... And I love them so much I'll never leave them... But even so... Hoshi will try to be contempt and happy for his friends... I don't want to hurt them even if by accident, because they're my friends and I love them very much. I'll protect them... I have to.
Hoshi looked up to Rin and Kaito. He smiled with tears. They smiled back warmly. The scene brightened warmly and beautifully.
"Thank you... Rin... Kaito. Thank you for being my friend." Hoshi said turning his head to the both of them smiling.
"You're welcome Hoshi." Rin said.
"I didn't do anything... Heh." Kaito said.
"Mm... Really. Thank you... I love you guys." Hoshi said warmly.
"We love you too baka." Kaito said.
"Ah... we should hurry back to the base. Moshi and Koro sent us to look for you. They were worried about you being out all day and not stopping by as usual." Rin said.
"Aw yeah. I just remembered. Haha. Come on Hoshi." Kai said as they grabbed his hands blushing warm red.
Hoshi smiled warmly with his face turning red with happiness. He held onto Kaito's hand and followed along. Rin showed the way. Kaito and Hoshi followed smiling. They treaded along the path to the base smiling.
Say... Friends are great huh?... I'm glad I have friends like these two... Moshi... Koro... And everyone else... Even the ones I've lost... Leon may be right... I have no intention of telling Rin and Kai about my unexpected meet with Leon... Their happiness is my happiness...
Hoshi and the two smiled cheerfully.
Just seeing their smiles and laughter makes me really happy. Say Kaito... Rin... Thank you... I'm so sorry you had to see me like this... I'll continue to be happy for you guys... because ... because I love you guys... I love you all...
Hoshi let go of Kai's grasp and stared at the two. They arrived before the base outside of the entrance. Hoshi urged forward and kissed Kaito's cheek and ran inside the base before the two. Rin smiled and followed. Kaito blushed and stuttered. Kaito then followed inside blushing a bit.
"Hoshi! Welcome home!"
THE END.