CHAPTER 14 - FRIENDS COLLIDE

THE STORY BEGINS:
(Opening memo) "To live happily in life, one must not dwell upon its meaning. To find happiness, one has to experience and absorb the happiness around them, not hesitating upon every negative that they encounter, but to overcome them and keep on moving forward. Just take a look with wider eyes and broader minds, whatever you're searching for, it's certainly out there. Don't give up. "

Hoshi dozed off and stumbled to the ground. He bled more. Rin stopped healing after noticing it had no effect. Everyone stared at Hoshi's position. He is going to die. Unexpectedly, just by walking his daily routine in life, hanging with friends, his life decides to make a stop here; in the middle of a battle that confused him so much leaving him with so much thought. Hoshi lay on the ground unconsciously bleeding out as his vision blurred and blacked out. The Red Clan surrounding them as hostages.
"Hoshi!" The gang all screamed. A wooden box crate crashed open beside Hoshi and Rin. A person in all white stabs Hoshi in the back by his injury with a needle injection of some sort of liquid.
"Sorry to 'Inject' myself into this situation so late, but it looks like you need a life saver! EXTRAORDINARY DOCTOR VINCE APPEARS!"
Hoshi relaxed and laid flat on the floor unconscious but his heavy breathing soothed down to a soft breathing state. The moment was silent. A steady feeling of seriousness lurked the scene. The awkward silent moment lingered for a moment or two minute longer. Vince still posing and still holding the needle onto Hoshi.
"Who are you?..." Rin said as they broke the awkward moment. Vince fell down the ground with their feet up.
"Eh!" Vince shouted and got back up, "I just told you guys who I am, Extraordinary Doctor Vince!" They said waving their hands in the air. "Doctor Vince! Doctor Vince!"
"Eh!? You were in that crate the whole time?! How did you even fit in there?!" Moshi yelled.
"OH MY GOD! You guys are totally running the moment!" Vince screamed.
"You're the one popping out of crates randomly, talk about pop goes the weasel!" Rin yelled.
"Oh shuttup you moron! Im trying to make an awesome entrance!" Vince replied.
"Well what kind of entrance is pop goes the weasel and stabbing a person's back with a needle?!" Rin replied.
"OH MY GOD! ITS JUST AN ENTRANCE- GEEZ- WHAT- EH- ARHHHHH! BE HAPPY I SAVED YOUR LITTLE FRIEND HERE!" Vince said.
"What the hell is going on?! Continue the fight already!" Leon yelled from the trees. Everyone noticed Leon. Leon was eating a bag of popcorn. Rin froze in pain. Hoshi slightly conscious and still laying down, gripped the ground as he made a fist with his hand gathering dirt between his fingers.
"L...Leon..." Rin said with anger in their face.
"Oh? Oh hey look! It's my Ex! Hello there Rin! How ya doing? I would love to catch up and talk but now isn't the time!" Leon said amusingly.
"Leon... You jerk..." Rin said angrily.
~~~
"What the hell? I have no idea what's going on but if anyone's gunna stand in my way of getting that kid, then they'll die at my hands." Mikoto said as he walked towards Dragon KAito. "It wasn't nice hogging all the flames now, especially my flames."
"Oh well you're one to talk, especially one picking on a helpless little child. I guess that makes you bully, oh wait nope, wrong term, a big hot headed moron!" Dragon Kaito said as they stood on their feet.
"Oh? Guess you'll be next in line for death! Bring it you monster!" Mikoto shouted as he furiously punched the dragon in the stomach with his flaming fists. Dragon Kaito didn't budge. Dragon Kaito's dragon scales are harder than steel. "Tch... Not even a scratch..."
"Try harder moron..." Dragon Kaito said as they use flame thrower. Mikoto withstood the flames. His skin burned and peeled away slowly. His flame powers were not nearly as strong as Dragon Kaito's purple flames. "I'm afraid almost no other type of flame can overcome my flames or penetrate my scales. I am a dragon after all."
"Yeah I noticed you blabbermouth! Now die already!" Mikoto yelled out with a last flame punch. It didn't hurt Dragon Kaito nor did it leave a mark. Dragon Kaito vanished instantly and reappeared behind Mikoto and swung their dragon arm at him. Mikoto was sent flying horizontally and smashed into a tree before breaking through a couple thick trees. In ager, Mikoto got back his feet and ran to Dragon Kaito for another fight. He punched and kicked with his flame hands nonstop. Dragon Kaito started to swing their arm. Mikoto noticed but was too focus on hitting Dragon Kaito. He was knocked back a couple feet.
"Oi! Where do you think you're going? Im not done with you yet!" Dragon Kaito joked. Mikoto exploded in anger and unleashed a giant wave of heat around him burning down the surrounding trees.
"AAAHHH! You've got me fired up! Time for plan B then!"
"Eh? Plan B?" Dragon Kaito replied.
"It seems you're very well protected, despite your heavy looks you're more agile than I thought, but you're still quite slow now." Mikoto said as he smiled.
"Now?" Dragon Kaito replied.
Mikoto instantly dashed towards Dragon Kaito with his feet and arms blasting out fire. He raised an arm out aiming for a punch to their face.
"Let's see if you're able to withstand this!" Mikoto said rushing towards.
"Flames from his feet, arms and hands?! That's something else!"
"Take this!" Mikoto landed a punch to Dragon Kaito's stomach. It made some cracking sounds.
"My scales!"
"ARRRGHHHH!" Mikoto's punch blew Dragon Kaito a fewfeet away. His hands balled up into a fist as they turned dark red. Dragon Kai noticed his hands.
"Tch... your hands... your flames... you're not just a noob after all." Dragon Kaito said, "That's advance. Hardening your flames. That's really quite cool."
"Just something I came up with. Now stay still." Mikoto said as he dashed towards Dragon Kaito. He dashed through multiple times landing punches and kicks quick. He stopped a few feet behind the dragon holding his right hand as it clenched in flames.
"Tch... He's too fast... He's as strong as my dragon scales and way too fast for me to avoid his attacks. If I get hit any more ill be done for in this form..." Dragon Kaito breathed hard and slumped in pain.
"Looks like you're about done. Why don't you stay down now?" Mikoto said as he walked towards Dragon KAito. Dragon kaito flapped their wings. Mikoto dashed and grabbed on as they left the ground.
"Let's try aerial attacks then!" Dragon Kaito said as they sliced through the sky attacking with their claws and wings.
"Dragon Rush!" Dragon Kaito said as they unleashed multiple quick furious wing and claw attacks covered in purple flames. Mikoto certainly couldn't do much in the air. Then he smiled. He pointed his feet and hands down as they blasted out flames. Floating in the sky. He flew around Dragon Kaito shooting flames at their face blinding their view. And using that to Mikoto's advantage, he flew in for a couple more punches and tackles.
"Dang it... Should've expected... Mikoto the Red Leader... you're not the Red Leader for nothing..." Dragon Kaito said.
"You're still no match for me even though you're quite quicker up here!" Mikoto said. Dragon Kaito dashed towards him with a head long charge. Mikoto quickly spun at the right moment and grabbed onto Dragon Kaito's wings and snapped them both in half.
"AAHH!" Dragon Kaito screamed out in pain and crash landed back onto the ground. "My wings!"
"That should do it. You were getting quite annoying." Mikoto stood above Dragon Kaito's huge body and punched them furiously non-stop.
"You- annoying- pests- Why are you all so eager to protect a little kid like him!" Mikoto shouted within each single punch landed on Injured Dragon Kaito's face.
~~~
"What did you do to Ceru!?" Cory shouted as he pointed his spear at King. King held his katana in both hands towards Cory.
"Ah, I remember you! You're that one weird kid from the time we hung out at Hoshi's place! Yeah! That's the one! I've done absolutely nothing. I'm just here for revenge." King replied as he scratched his katana blade against Cory's blade of his spear. Cory knocked his katana back and went in for an attack. King jumped back and blocked Cory's downward slash and held it there. King smirked.
"You don't deserve to be her friend! You're a bad guy!" Cory shouted as he swung another attack. King easily blocked it and leaned closer to Cory's face.
"Me? A bad guy? Says the "Bad Guys" who are keeping me away from my friend. Who's the bad guy here now hm?" King replied.
"Shuttup! You're a bad guy no matter what! You're siding with the bad guys and did something bad to Ceru, so you're a bad guy no matter what! Im not gunna forgive you for that!"
"Big talk! Let's see what you got!"
"Ahhh!" Cory dashed forward at King with his Spear pointing forward. King brushed the spear aside and sliced Cory's arm. Cory's cut bled. Cory continued fencing his spear at King. King easily dodged and parried his attacks.
"Hahaha! Is this all? I've expect nothing more from a kid." King said as he twirled behind cory and held his katana in front of him smirking. Cory stood behind facing away from King. His back ached and felt a sharp pain. His bacl drooled blood and he fell to the floor.
"What a weakling... You're not worthy to be Ceru's follower... Oh? Still standing?" King said surprised when he turned and saw Cory holding onto his spear keeping him standing. Cory stood against his speas for support.
"I may be weak... But I have to get Ceru back... I really... really miss her... And I'm sure Hoshi really misses her too... I just want to see Hoshi smile that smile again... " Cory said painfully.
"Tch... I already told you. No touching my senpai..." King said.
~~~
"You two are Hoshi's friends." Koro said.
"'Were' is the correct term." Marrows replied.
"Why 'were'? What happened between the three of you?" Jason asked.
"That is none of your guy's business. All we need is Hoshi to suffer for what he's done." Marrows said.
"What the hell has he done then?!" Koro said.
"Why don't you two just leave Hoshi with us? We'll let you two live if you do so, easy as that." Mikado said.
"Like hell we will. Hoshi's our friend; he wouldn't do anything bad at all. He wouldn't hurt a fly." Jason said.
"You'll pay for hurting Hoshi." Koro said.
"Aw don't worry! He's only poisoned! A slow painful death! If only the poison worked faster he would've died a painless death, but oh wells!" Mikado said. Mikado turned to Rin and the others surrounding Hoshi.
"And I do hope he's finished by the time we're done with these two hot heads." Mikado said smiling. Koro clenched his fist tight. His teeth gritted. Marrows noticed. Koro appeared in front of Mikado with an arm up coming in for an attack. Marrows countered with his scythe. Koro backed up.
"Oh? Angry much? That's not nice mister." Mikado said.
"I'll make you pay even if you're a girl!" Koro shouted with anger.
"Let the anger cloud him. We'll make that our advantage. Now let's get them out of way." Marrows said.
"Yes! Let's go go go!" Mikado said as she sprang upward towards Koro and Jason.
"Here they come! Be careful Koro." Jason said.
"Tch, I got this." Koro said as he back rushed to them.
"Hey! I said be careful! Don't let your anger control you!" Jason shouted after him as he rushed after Koro. Marrows stopped Jason and swung her scythe. Jason, surprised, slid and ducked. He managed to evade the attack by a hair. Koro came crashing into Jason from behind.
"What's going on? After all your talk, you're just gunna lay down?" Mikado joked.
"I told you to be careful you idiot!" Jason said getting back up.
"Shuttup! I am being careful!" Koro yelled.
"We have to fight together Koro. They're at an advantage with their weapons. We need to work together." Jason insisted.
"Shuttup! Here she comes! Duck! " Koro said.
They both ducked down as Mikado swung her hidden blades missing the two. Marrows appeared and swung her scythe downward. Jason and Koro evaded the attack by Jason kicking Koro and himself away from the center of the attacks.
"We need to separate them, even if just for a while, then we can finish them off one by one." Jason said.
"They attack in combos. That'll be complicated." Koro said.
"Guess we'll have to do the same. Fight fire with fire." Jason said.
"Sounds good to me!" Koro said. They both rushed towards the enemy.
Marrows swung her scythe at them. Koro and Jason evaded the attack. Mikado appeared with both her two hands holding a blade readying to cut them.
"Follow after me Koro!" Jason shouted.
"Yeah! Got it!" Jason replied.
Jason slid and kicked both Mikado's hands up releasing the blades. Koro followed behind Jason, jumped over him and landed a punch to her face. Mikado flew back. Marrows dashed after Mikado and caught her.
"Guess they wont go down so easily. Let's do some teamwork then Marrows dear." Mikado said wiping the blood from her mouth.
"Yes." Marrows answered.
Marrows stood on front holding the scythe in a protective form. Mikado stood behind her.
"They've switched tactics. Becareful" Jason said.
"I see. Let's go." Koro rushed in.
Koro threw a punch. Marrows countered with the scythe. Mikado came in with a stab. Jason spun in front and countered the stab. Mikado swung her scythe from the side. Koro stopped the attack holding the scythe from its pole. Jason jumped kicked Marrows.
"Tch... They're good." Marrows said.
"We're not finished yet dear." Mikado said. "Defensive mode now."
"Yes." Marrows replied.
Koro rushed in followed by Jason. Marrows swung her scythe. Koro ducked under. Jason lagged behind. Mikado crossed her blades on her hands at Koro. Jason reached for Koro but the scythe's long range attack separated them. Koro slid onto his back under the attack and backed a few feet away. Jason, on the other side, faced Marrow's scythe. Mikado smirked.
"Now." Mikado said.
"Yes." Marrows said.
Marrows swung the scythe at Jason. Koro rushed again at Mikado. Jason dodged under and went for a sweep kick. Mikado ducked under and turned around. Koro noticed Mikado's turning. Marrows spun around with a step forward to evade the sweep kick with the scythe still swinging all the way around now aiming for Koro's head. Mikado reached a hand up. Koro tumbled downward rolling toward them avoiding the attack. Mikado grabbed the pole of the scythe. Koro crashed into Jason. Mikado held onto the scythe pole and landed back to safety behind Marrows.
"Ouch! Watch it!" Jason said.
"Ah! You watch it!" Koro said.
"Having trouble boys?" Mikado said.
"Shuttup! Im not gunna lose to a bunch of girls!" Koro said.
"They have a pretty good defense Koro. But I have an idea."
"What's that?"
"The sun."
Koro smiled. "Got it, just keep the sun behind us."
Koro and Jason moved until the sun was behind them. They smiled. "Let's go!"
"What are those two up to now?" Marrows questioned.
They dashed forward with the sun behind them. Marrows prepared for a counter. The two boys split and let the sun shined into Marrow's eyes and blinded her. Marrow's swung her scythe straight down with her eyes shut. Mikado didn't know who to attack. Jason on the right. Koro on the left. Her short range weapon won't be able to stop them with these many people.
"Now to take you out first you brat!" Koro shouted at Mikado. Mikado flinched. Jason did a high jump sweep kick. Mikado noticed that first attack and ducked taking out her hidden blades. Jason continued the kick and attacked Marrows instead in the face knocking her a few feet away from the rest of them. Koro stopped Mikado's hands. Jason dropped kicked Mikado on the top of her head slamming her into the earth below as it crumbled upon impact.
"Now to take care of Marrows." Koro said.
~~~
Vince, Rin, Moshi and Oli were taking care of Hoshi.
"The bleeding isn't stopping. Doctor Vince. What was that medicine you injected into Hoshi?" Rin asked.
"Eh... I..." Doctor Vince said with hesitation.
"It's not a cure. Is it? The poison isn't stopping." Moshi said.
"Yes... It's only a pain reliever. It's an advance medicine than that of this world, but it's only enough to slow the poison. I was so sure it would stop the poison. I'm sorry." Doctor Vince said.
"THEN YOUR LITTLE ENTRANCE WAS NOTHING BUT A SHOWOFF AND STABBING A RANDOM PERSON!" Rin shouted at Doctor Vince.
"EH?! WOULD YOU QUIT THAT ALREADY!? WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS!"
"YOU SHUT UP! YOU WASTED A LOT OF SCENE TIME JUST FOR YOUR OWN DRAMATIC ENTRANCE! WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO!?"
"IT MAKES ME LOOK COOL! OKAY!? BE GLAD MY MEDICINE DID SOMETHING AT LEAST!"
"Knock it off... He'll die either way... There's no cure!" Marrows shouted to them.
Jason and Koro stood in front of the gang. Marrows grabbed her Scythe. Oli appeared in front of her.
"Oh?... Is that so... " Oli said. Oli turned into Yandere mode temporarily. She grabbed Marrows by the arm and swung her into the air in circles.
"THEN YOU BETTER FIND A CURE OR ELSE I'LL KILL YOU!!!" Oli said as she spunned Marrows.
"There- really- is- no- cure!" Marrows said being spun.
Oli threw Marrows at Vince's feet. Vince looked at Oli with a scared reaction.
"Eh?!" Vince reacted.
"She looks like she's scared of needles. Let's get her checked up Doctor Vince!" Oli said happily.
"Y-Yes Mam!" Doctor Vince replied hesitatingly as he took out some needles. Everyone else was frighten of Oli's unexpected super human strength. Marrows, frighten confused and dazed, laid helplessly on the ground. Hoshi still poisoned filled with painful memories and unknown pent up feelings, crying, started to stand up. He stood up quickly and shouted.
THE END.