Chapter 2

"Good morning class," Mr Lee says with his booming, loud voice.

"Good morning Mr Lee," the class chimes back.

Mr Lee nods with satisfaction. "You may sit."

The sound of chairs being pulled back and ruffling noises fill the room as everyone sits down ready to learn. Just as the class quietens down, the school secretary walks through the door along with a guy I've never seen before. A new student probably. He follows the secretary into the room confidently, winking and smirking at the girls. The girls start to whisper to each other, giggling.

"Hi sir, this is the new student, Hansol Vernon Chwe." I hear the secretary say to Mr Lee.

Hansol bows politely as he says, "hello sir." Mr Lee nods at him.

When the secretary leaves the room, Mr Lee introduces him to the class. "Class, this is Hansol. He's new here so please make him feel welcome," Mr Lee announces and then turns to face him. "Sit at any spare desk you'd like."

Hansol nods. The girls start to sit up straight, fixing and playing with their hair in hopes that he sits at desk close to them. He ends up sitting near the back with a few of the popular boys-Seungcheol, Wonwoo and Jisoo-and they welcome him into the group.

I raise my eyebrows, impressed. It was always hard for me to make friends, which is probably why my only close friend is Mingyu, but it took this new kid a few seconds.

"Okay class, let's begin with today's lesson..."