Chapter 5

"First day back at school and she's already set us a project?" Someone moans as they push pass me out of the classroom. I clutch onto my books extra tight. I am not letting them fly out of my hand this time.

I see Mingyu waiting for me so we can walk home together. I walk quickly towards him but am stopped when I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I turn around to find Hansol right in front of me. I jump slightly. Even though Miss spent a quarter of the lesson forcing the class to do icebreakers with their partners so they can get to know each other, I am still intimidated by him.

"So where and when do you want to meet?" He asks. I just stand there, shocked by the sudden question. "Uh... hello?"

"Oh, uh, hi," I reply. "I don't... mind?"

Hansol groans, obviously feeling impatient. "Look, I don't have time to wait around for you to answer." He grabs my phone from my hand, quickly types something, and hands the phone back to me. "My number is saved in your contacts. Text me a date and time. Oh and, you should really put a passcode on that thing." And with that, he just walks away.

Mingyu walks up to me, frowning. "What was that about?"

"W-we just have a science project together, that's all," I reply, recovering from that frightening moment. Mingyu stays quiet. I look up at him to see him staring at me with raised eyebrows. "Stop looking at me like that! I told you, it's just a science project."

"I'm just looking out for you. You don't want to be involved with anyone from-"

"A5, I know," I say, finishing Mingyu's sentence. I grab his hand and drag him to our lockers. All I want to do right now is go home. Today has been a long, tiring day. A very long, tiring day.