Chapter 4

I happily walk into science class. I've always loved science. It's so interesting and I'm good at it, which is a bonus.

As I stop to find a seat, I feel someone bump into me, causing me to topple over as my books fly everywhere.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" I hear a voice cry. I look up to see a girl holding out her hand. I take it and she pulls me up. "Silly me for being so clumsy. Here, let me get your books for you."

She gathers up my books and hands them to me.

"Thanks," I say, shyly. As I said, I find it hard to make friends and talk to new people.

"I'm Dahee," she says. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm Jia," I reply. "Nice to mee-"

Just as I am about to finish my sentence, Dahee gasps and grabs onto my shoulders.

"Jia," she says excitedly. "A hottie at 12 o'clock." Dahee turns me around so I am facing the door and I see Hansol walking in. Dahee turns me back around again. "He's so cute."

I stare at her, flustered from all the spinning. I am about to reply but the teacher walks in, interrupting me.

"Okay class, please stand at the front. I'm going to be putting you in registration order. It'll be easier for me to remember your names," she announces. "Bear in mind the person sharing the desk with you will be your lab partner."

Please put me next to Dahee. She seems nice.

We all gather around the front as she starts to call out the names in chronological order. A few people groan at their allocated seat whilst others are happy.

"Now... Hansol?" Miss calls.

"Yes miss," Hansol says, walking to the next spare desk.

"Hmm... and next to Hansol is... Jia," she says. I hear a few disappointed sighs from the girls. I guess they wanted to sit by this new kid.

I make my way towards the desk as Hansol looks at me. I instantly feel intimidated by the new A5 member and I start to blush. I sit down slowly next to him.

"Hey," he whispers.

I get so choked up, instead of replying, I simply wave my hand. I look at Dahee. She gives me an enthusiastic thumbs up whilst winking and I can't help but giggle.