Chapter 3

I sat on my couch, staring at my phone. Great. Now two people are coming.

My mind was still on overdrive. I was so worried. What could this do to my life? Would it ruin it? I hoped not. What would my bosses think? Oh God. I just hope everything will be fine. They'll forget about me in a months time. Yeah, that's right. They'll forget about me. Then One Direction are going to move to another city for their tour and I'll be here, in plain old Sydney. They'd forget about me.

I set my phone down beside me and began devouring my Cheetos. I jumped when someone knocked on my door and I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked fine so I stood up with my pillow and Cheetos in my arms and opened the door. Isla was standing there with a large bag filled with who-knows-what.

Isla is a year older than me but we've been best friends since I accidentally pushed her off a swing when we were in kindergarten. She has long extremely curly red hair that fall to her shoulders and wide dark blue eyes. Her eyes are such a dark blue that it almost seems like black. She grinned at me mischievously and skipped inside. I closed the door behind me and Isla didn't even greet me. She just hurried into the flat, dropping her bag.

She brought her hands up and yelled, "MOVIE TIME!!!"

I laughed and started eating my Cheetos again. I was glad she didn't mention the early morning fiasco. Too much angst. She looked at me and then my Cheetos.

"Why are you eating Cheetos without me?" she said reproachfully. I shrugged, still munching.

"I'm not giving you any," I told her calmly. "I'm saving some for Niall." She didn't seem to catch the last part.

Isla rolled her eyes. "I know you have a whole cupboard of that stuff. GIMME NOW!"

"Fine, fine." I handed her the Cheetos and she danced around in her seat while eating happily.

"I brought ice cream too," she informed me and pointed to her bag.

"COOL!" I exclaimed and scurried to her bag. I grabbed the two tubs of ice cream and some spoons. I placed the other tub in the fridge hurriedly as Isla set up the movie. I walked back to the couch, the cold ice cream and spoons in hand and plopped down.

"What are we watching?" I asked Isla curiously as she pressed play on the remote. She just grinned and shrugged.

The opening finally played and the familiar song filled my ears. I squealed. "OH MY GOD, LION KING!"

Isla laughed. "I knew you'd love it."

I've been addicted to Lion King since I was a child. I've even lost count of how many times I've watched it and I still somehow end up in tears. I started jumping up and down. "I CANT WAIT!"

We started singing along to the opening. "AHHHHHHSIMANYAAABABABISIMANOOOO. OHHH MANYAMA!!"

The person started talking and we finally shut up and watched the movie. We laughed and giggled at the funny parts even if we watched this a million times. Somewhere in the middle, someone knocked on the door and Isla looked up at me curiously.

"Who's that?" she asked, getting up but I grabbed her hand and pulled her back down.

"Stay there," I ordered her as I got up and grinned sheepishly. "Niall is coming over."

Isla got up and her eyes widened. "WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" she shrieked. I clamped her mouth with my hand frantically.

"Shut up!" I hissed. "He's going to freak out. I did tell you! You weren't listening!"

Isla nodded and I let go of her mouth just to put my hands on my ears. Isla screamed and started jumping around.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! HE'S ACTUALLY HERE!" she shrieked excitedly. I facepalmed myself and headed to the door. I yanked it open to find Niall looking confused in the doorway. I smiled at him and he smiled back hesitantly, glancing into the flat.