3

8..

I have this little secret.

Mom doesnt know it, but at night I like to do a little bit of surfing.

Although tonight, i'm not really surfing. Im sitting in the sand, watching the currents as my hands play with the waves crashing the shore.

And I stay here, visualing me on my board, floating as far into the sea as I'd like.

I wish I could go so far as to where my house can fit in between two fingers when theyre an inch apart.

I wish I could stay out there. Maybe find myself in the Bermuda triangle, and I could hopefully disappear into the parallel universe portal.

Maybe in another realm, I wasnt in that car crash today. And i'd still be able to go to art camp tomorrow.

I know I'd definitely be in the water right now instead of just watching it.

I dont know how much time has passed since I stayed out there.

But I know I stayed until my leg started throbbing. Seeing my phone, it was around 5 in the morning. Which is when i'd typically be waking up. And also when I was supposed take my first dosage of medication for the day.

I push myself up from the ground, which is a difficult process thanks to my leg.

The pain is there again. Throbbing like theres a heart beat in my leg.

I limp my way to the house, shutting the patio door behind me as I go to the kitchen where my medication is in the white paper bag.

One in the morning.

The front door opens. Im confused since its the crack of dawn, and my mom is in her room sleeping. And no one has a key to the house but us.

And we arent the idiots to leave a spare one under our door mat.

But this intruder is my mom.

She has her hands filled with bags with target logo's on them.

"'Mom?" I limp over, helping her take some of the stuff.

There was flashlights, sleeping bags, canteens.

"Oh good, youre up. Hurry, or you'll miss depart."

***

So somehow, in a matter of several hours my mom decided to change her mind and let me go to camp.

I wasn't complaining, but it was sketch.

She had her mind made up so tough earlier.

Its weird for her to just decide out of the blue I could go. Let alone go last minute shopping and buy a ton of camping stuff I wouldnt even need.

I just couldnt believe that I was here, standing in front of the *insert the name for a double-decker trolly here*.

Yes, I mean the B-word.

But as of my recent events, I refuse to utter it.

So for now it, the b-word, will be referred to its direct description.

Or trolley for short, I guess.

So yeah, there had been a group of other campers around me, none of which I greeted myself to.

I didn't really feel the need for introductions yet.

I just wasn't ready for the pity yet.

I made sure to catch a window seat towards the back of the trolley.

I figured itd cast any attention off of me, and I could hopefully fade into the background.

"Schenell?" There's some girl next to me. Shes most likely a counselor.

I looked over to her, frowning at the way she pronounced my name. "It's Schenell. Like the designer brand." She nodded, before scribbling something on her clipboard and then leaving again.

She was probably taking count.

I popped in some ear phones, letting Kendrick spit cold rhymes into my ears before falling alseep on the trolley.

Miami to Tallahasse is gonna be a long ride.