◇chapter one◇

my mom had suggested that i download an app to text random strangers. she thought it might help me overcome my social anxiety. i downloaded the app this morning and chose my username. i typed in my email and password and it connected me to a random stranger.

anxious_acorn: hell

milkman: same

anxious_acorn: ohmygod im so sorry i meant to say hello

milkman: its fine

anxious_acorn: again im so sorry

milkman: no need to say sorry

milkman: anyways, its nice to meet u. whats ur name if u dont mind me asking

anxious_acorn: nice to meet u too!! my names evan, whats urs?

milkman: eV

milkman: and my names starts with a c and im pretty sure i know u

anxious_acorn: so ill have to guess ur name

milkman: yeet

milkman: can u tell me about u so i know if i really know u

anious_acorn: uh sure

anxious_acorn: i really love trees a whole lot and i have a broken arm. uhh, i have social anxiety and probably no one would notice if i disappeared tomorrow

milkman: i know u

milkman: and i would notice if u disappeared tomorrow, my life would probably be miserable without u even tho we just met

anxious_acorn: nO

anxious_acorn: and i have to go get ready for school, see you later

milkman: oh fxck we have school today

milkman: see you then i guess

i closed the app and turned off my phone. i got up and went to my closet to get my signature blue striped shirt with some khakis. after that, i grabbed my bookbag and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"hey, evan, i made some toast. sorry it isnt much but i have to get to work soon. hurry up, we gotta leave soon," my mom said.

i gave her a small smile. "yeah, ok." i looked as she walked away and i headed to the table. i grabbed my toast and started eating. i opened up my phone to see if i had any notifications, none.

after i finished eating, i went out to the driveway to see my mom waiting in the car. i walked over and got in the front seat.

the drive was pretty silent, other than mom asking me questions about me every now and then, like if my medications are working and if ive met anyone on that texting app.

when we got to school, i grabbed my bag and got out of the car. i said bye to my mom and went inside the school building. i went to my locker and put by stuff in, while getting some books out. as i was getting everything, jared found me and spoke.

"hey evan! how are you? im good, saying that i beat some nerds in a game i played last night. it was pretty lit (jared nO)."

"im fine. i met someone online this morning, they told me that they think they know me. who do you think it might be?"

"really? someone who knows you in real life decided to stay and talk to you? the only person i think would do that is no one. sorry dude but whoever it is, they're probably just texting you as a joke (jarED STOP)."

"well, you talk to me."

"thats only because of my car insurance, remember? that reminds me, i have to go. bye evan." jared left and i was left alone. we still had a few minutes until first period started so i took out my phone to text milkman, which ill call him c.

anxious_acorn: hey im in school rn but i still have a bit until class starts. what are you doing?

i stared at my phone for a bit, waiting for a reply, but nothing. i decided he must be busy so i put my phone away and headed to class. my first subject was science.

when i sat in my seat, i heard a buzz from my phone. i opened up the notification and it turned out that c texted me.

milkman: aye im in class rn. and we go to the same school so thats a thing

anxious_acorn: cool!! what's ur first subject

milkman: science, and i hate it

anxious_acorn: ohmy god im in science rn too!!

milkman: wait really?? which teacher and where do u sit?

anxious_acorn: mrs. s and up in the front by the door

milkman: i see you

anxious_acorn: where are you?

milkman: no

anxious_acorn: ok

anxious_acorn: well im gonna pay attention

anxious_acorn: see you later!!

milkman: bye

i turned off my phone and looked up to the teacher. knowing that c is in this room with me caused me to smile a little bit.

//an// so this is the rewrite!! im hoping itll end up how i want it to, and thank you guys for all the support on the original!! love you all!!

also, how do you guys build up the confidence to comment, i honestly couldnt do that if my life depended on it

love you all ♡♡♡

edit from a few months later: im back binches