16

:::| Chapter 16 |:::

Maya

The next morning, Lilly and I spent another whole morning together; we were working our asses off with books, lessons, and conversations. It was tiring to say the least, but it's a good thing we started well with the basics ever since yesterday – no good will come if we always work on the field.

"I wanna take a break," Lilly huffed out, shutting her book close. I glanced from the aisle of old worn out books, I replied "Fine, but right after that, we're gonna move to level 2."

Her eyes widen, "Level 2? Do you mean summoning?" She asked excitedly.

I chuckled, "No, that's level 4. Level 2 is connecting with your wolf."

She sighed at that.

After we leave the pack library, we headed to my auntie's bakery. The usual happened, Lilly enjoyed Auntie Terra's company, so it was good that she was easing out.

Suddenly, the sound of a phone ringing stopped us from our silent chatting.

Lilly grabbed her phone from her pocket and answered, "Hello?"

"Are you with Maya?" Answered a deep voice from the other line, I leaned in interest.

"Yeah, I am. We're taking a break, why did—"

"Tell her Alpha Zander wants to meet up with her this noon," Lilly raised an eyebrow at that.

"Okay...sure. I'll tell her that."

After hanging up, Lilly stared at me, unsure of what to say. I sigh, "Let's leave that aside, I'll handle it later."

"Mhm," she hummed, taking a sip of her tea.

"I just wanna ask," I paused, "why do you use phone to contact one another? Don't you have mind links?" I asked.

Lilly shook her head, "We use phones to record everything. It's a lot safer than trusting someone's word about something."

I nodded in understanding.

"When are we moving to level 4?" She blurts.

"Not yet Lilly, it's still risky for you. I know you can handle yourself, but don't over exaggerate your effort on this. It will only endanger you and your wolf if your force to jump," I stated.

"For now, I want you to relax, because in 2 hours, we're going to the next stage."

-*-

I entered their cottage, brushing off droplets of snow on my coat. Taking it off, I looked around my surroundings.

Compared to last time, the cabin was noisy. Now that no one's home, it was silent as hell. The sound of something crashing made me jump, I think that came from upstairs.

I hang my coat up and went up the stairs quietly, no one was around for me to sense. But I'm guessing the latter.

When I entered the room where the noise came, I see a flipped chair, a split table, a thrown tv, and papers flying everywhere. But nobody was here.