Chapter 5 - Julio

Chapter 5 - Jessica Likes The Cube

"A girl, you say?" Thomas asked me.

"Yeah, a girl," I answered.

"Aww, Julio has a crush," he said in a baby voice, pinching my cheeks.

"Not necessarily," I sighed.

I was telling Thomas about Brooke without too many details. I figured I needed to get this off my chest to him. He's my best friend, and I tell him mostly everything.

"What do you mean?" He looked at me warily.

"I don't know if I really like her. It might just be a tiny crush," I breathed.

"I don't know about that. You're literally rambling on about her, and I don't even know her name!"

"I'm not telling you her name," I said.

"Why?" He pouted.

"Because," I answered.

"Because why?"

"I don't know, okay? I'm trying to figure out my feelings," I sighed.

Thomas stayed quiet as we walked to Spanish. The lesson was a blur. All I could think about was Brooke, and how we were planning on talking sometime tonight. We were going to record MCSG.

"Does she play Minecraft?" Thomas randomly whispered to me in the middle of the lesson.

"Yeah," I whispered back.

"Does she have a YouTube?"

"Julio and Thomas! If you don't quiet down, I might have to seperate you," my teacher scolded.

Thomas and I didn't talk to each other for the rest of the period, and for the next forty minutes after that, I doze off as my teacher teaches us something about Spanish that I already knew.

~~~

School was a bore that day. I got home and told my mom, and went straight to my room. I decided to call Graser.

"What's up, my man?" We were on TeamSpeak, and only him and I were on.

"Nothing much," I responded.

"How're things with Ms. Stubborn?" He asked.

"Same. She's stubborn, and I don't know my feelings," I replied.

"Well, obviously you like her."

"Yeah, but I don't know if it's a tiny crush or a big one," I sighed.

"Yeah, listen, I have to go. I have to edit a Cube episode. It's my April Fools prank to them," Zach said the last sentence in a creepy voice. I laughed, and both of us disconnected.

I thought about how Graser mentioned it was April Fool's. My sixteenth birthday was soon, and I still had no idea what to do.

I then checked my phone, bored, and nothing was new, other than the fact that Brooke tweeted a random tweet about how her little brother (Lenny) always hogs the bathroom. 

I chuckled to myself.

I decided to walk to Starbucks. I told my mom and left, and put my hands in my pockets as I walked down the street.

Once I got to a fence, I hopped it with no problem. I soon got to Starbucks, ordered my Caramel Frap, and waited for 'Julio' to be called.

"Julio!" The girl, who looked about 19, called my name a few minutes later. I walked over, took my frap, and told the girl "Thank you".