Loss & Surprises

Charles' POV

'How would they lose such a big contract?',I ask myself the umpteenth time . I call my secretary, who is also my close friend and ask for an explanation. She tells me our rival company had something to do with it . Feeling unhappy , I retire for the day.
On getting home , my only cook and maid , Madam Patterson serves my meal and I eat slowly without joy . Madam Patterson notices and asks me what was wrong . I tell her about the loss of the big contract and she advices me not to worry but expect a better one. She tells me that God has great things in store for me and she leaves after forcing me to smile .
I walk to my room and pray for some minutes. I decide to go to my favorite place in the city-the clouds park to clear my mind off somethings . I park and alight to walk to my favorite spot in the park . As I walk farther, I notice a familiar figure just right at my favorite spot . I sit near the person and try to convince myself that it isn't the ' Almighty Caitlyn Beckham ' , I am sitting with . Since the lady had bent her head anyways , I decide not to conclude and I say , ' Hi.', hoping not to be ignored . The lady doesn't answer me but instead sniffles loudly. Brought aback by the state of mind of the lady , I ask her , 'what's wrong ?' . She raises her head up and I realize it is really her . She starts to rant about her mum's death and how her life equates to garbage. I try to sympathize with her , but she stands up as if it feels wrong talking to me . She says a faint thank you and I quickly tell her my name as she leaves . She doesn't turn back to answer but instead walks emotionlessly to where her car is parked .
Few minutes later, after her departure, I begin to wonder why she thinks her life is a piece of garbage , since she lacks nothing . I couldn't but wish to see her again and I say to myself , 'How?'. I decide to go home and I linger in the car to text my best friends that I just met Caitlyn Beckham . I drive home feeling better , not because of the park but because I met Caitlyn Beckham . I drive home safely and go straight up to my bedroom. I pray for a while for myself and Caitlyn, asking God to take away her hurts .
~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter .

Questions:
Will they meet in the park again ?
Will Caitlyn also think of meeting him again?

Stay with me to find out!!

As I have said before , I would like to show you my imaginary Caitlyn and Charles but I am still working on that . I assure you that I would one day , show you guys . Love you 😘

Thanks.