Coffee & Contemplated chats

Charles' POV
      'Hmmm', I sigh again for the fifth time , taking in the interior serenity of the house . 'Wow', i say to myself again in awe of the blandness that fills the mansion and I remember why I am there in the first place.
Janelle, a famous all-round blogger, an acquaintance of mine, a loyal customer of Lush interiors calls me and says to me , 'I need your help' and I ask her what help she wants and she says that she needs help in a mansion full of blandness which i remember laughing about . She tells me that she is really being true and that made me wonder how a mansion would be full of blandness. A rich house is supposed to be full of furnitures, luxury and taste, I say to myself and I tell her I would be of help. Before she cuts the call, she tells me the house she is talking about is the 'Almighty' Caitlyn Beckham's house and I don't know why but I decided to go myself to her home, which normally I would have sent one of my staffs to do. So here I am in the house today, assessing it .I begin to think of the last time in the park when I saw her and she comes in and says, 'good morning' and I say the same after assessing the fact that she looks like she hasn't slept in days. She looks at me and continuously repeats my name, occurring to me that she also remembers the day we met at the park. I smile at her to bring her back to reality and she gives me an handshake. She sits and doesn't say anything but stare and I smile to bring her back to reality again. She asks me why I am at her house and I tell her why. She looks at designs on my laptop for a while and then I offer to check designs for her. She agrees and looks into my eyes for a millisecond and turns away quickly when I catch her. I realize her eyes are very brown. Dreamy. Tired. Lacking lustre and I turn  away too.  I show her my best ones and then she picks the lavender color with flowers print for her room ,a basic grey for her work room and yellow sunflower wallpaper for her most cherished room, her  music room , which by the way, she says she has not stepped a foot into in years. She also agrees to my recommendations for some aspects of her home and I tell her I would send one of my staffs the next day to start up the designs and painting, after battling with my mind on whether I should come myself the next day so I can see and talk to her again.
        She asks me if I would love a cup of coffee and I answer in affirmation. She brings the cups of coffee which I assume one of her maids would have made. We drink our coffees silently and I fight back the urge to start a conversation in order not to look desperate to have a conversation with her. We smile at each other, staring and turning until she finally asks me why I was at the park the other day and I smile at her and tell her that the park is my favourite place to go to. I turn to her and ask her why she was also there and after what I assume as contemplation, she answers, telling me the park is her favourite place too.
     I ponder on whether to bring up the fact that she was crying at the park at the other day and I think she got the idea that I might ask her , so she changes the topic and asks me if I would have another cup of coffee. I laugh, realizing that she is trying to avoid me asking her questions related to her crying the other day. I answer her saying, 'I'm a caffeine Addict and taking another cup means taking coffee the whole day, no thanks.' I glance at my wristwatch and decide to leave so I tell her. I tell her that I enjoyed talking to her and after few seconds, she says the same also, making me realize that she really cares of what I would think . I realize that she doesn't want me to think she likes me and that's why she is always contemplating before she talks. It made me laugh inside and I put my hands forth to shake her hands. She escorts me to her door and as I step out of her house onto her porch, I turn and give her my complementary card and say to her, 'God bless you,I will get back to you on the designs.' In response, she looks at me ,turns away and walks back into her home, acting as if I had brought back buried, forgotten memories. I stare at the door to her home for few minutes, wondering what had caused that reaction and I wish I could turn the clocks and change what just occurred. I walk to where my car is and I drive home.
         'Wait, was it because I said God bless you or did she see something that I didn't see?', I ask myself for the hundredth time as I turn to my driveway. I stay in the car for few seconds and pray for her, listening to my instincts. 'I leave my car and move into my house, to my room and crash on my bed like someone has just hit me with a cup of juice filled with Doxepin.(haha.)
                              ~~~~~~~~

Yaay! I finally finished this! No one would believe but I have been so lazy that I have been writing this chapter for a year now. Lol😂

Well, I know you guys were so hyped to know what she did so bad, but now you know and I'm sorry if it isn't the way you have imagined✌🏾but don't you forget, I am the author of this story. Lol

So how was this chapter?🙂
I hope you enjoyed it by the way and remember I would love constructive criticism.

Questions:
Does this mean Caitlyn and Charles story has come to an end? Well, I have an answer and it's obviously known. The answer is no so....
Stay with me to find out😉

Shoutout to Salawu Olamilekan for his great help. If you're reading this, it meant a lot . Thanks!

Don't forget to click that ⭐️ below and comment as much as you want ❤️. Still expecting great ideas from you , guys . Love and cookies.
Thanks❤️