Chapter One

Chapter One

Jennie on the couch, next to Ryan. They're watching The Office as she yawns softly. "You tired babe?" Ryan asks softly, she shakes her head. "I think you are, look at you."

"No. I'm not tired." She says loudly, opening her eyes. He says nothing, just sets his arm on the back of the couch behind her, shaking his foot. Her head starts to fall against Ryan's shoulder. He smiles and turns back to the tv. After the end of an episode, Ryan slides his arms underneath Jennie, carrying her to her room to tuck her into bed.

She lets out a sound, cuddling into her bedsheets. He smiles, kissing her forehead before leaving her room to go back to the couch. Vinny returns from getting more beer, tossing one to his best friend.  "Where's Jen at?" He asks, sitting where she did.

"In bed." He shrugs, starting a new episode. "She fell asleep on the couch." He finishes his sentence before Vinny does something stupid for getting the wrong idea.

"Sweet, lets watch some horror movies." He says, snatching the remote from the table before flipping it to an aforementioned movie.

--
Halfway through the night, Jennie gets restless. She gets up and wanders to the kitchen, getting herself some tea. There's a loud groan followed by some soft babbling. She wraps her big sweater around her tightly as she pads over to the living room. She smiles softly when she sees Ryan asleep on the couch with a pillow smushed to his chest as he mumbles in his sleep. Jennie picks up the fallen blanket and covers him up with it, kissing his forehead, much like he did before returning to her room.

--
Those small interactions happen throughout Ryan's first week back. There's was one night where Jennie woke to Ryan's mindless talking, his voice hoarsely crying out for her. He gets up and watches his feet move by themselves toward Jennie's room, sweat rolling down his neck.

"Psst. Jen." He whispers harshly, causing her to groan sleepily.

"What." She whines, looking over at him.

"I had a bad dream..." he mumbles, taking a small step forward. "Can I sleep in here?" He asks shyly, looking down at his hands. She answers by lifting her comforter up for him to slide in beside her. "Thank you." He whispers, trying to keep some distance.

She whines softly, turning to lay against Ryan. He rubs her back, gently lulling her to sleep.

--

Vinny knocks on the door the next morning, nearly screaming when he sees a shirtless Ryan and Jennie in a baggy black t shirt. "What the fuck did you two do!?"

Ryan sits up, looking at him with lidded eyes. "What are you talking about!?"

"Get out of my house!" He shouts, grabbing Ryan's arm.

"What no! You can't kick me out! I don't have anywhere else to go!" He pleads, grabbing Vinnys arm back.

"Vin, Vinny!" Jennie shouts, pulling him away from Ryan. "Nothing happened! He had a nightmare and needed comfort without being tease or being called gay!" She stands between them, her hand reaching for Ryan's. "We just slept in the same bed together."

He unclenches his fist, looking at Ryan. "You fucking promise?" He hisses to his sister and friend, who both nod quickly.

"I would never lie to you, Vin." She says, hugging her brother tightly.

He nods, shutting his eyes. "It's okay, I'm okay." He nods again, standing back.

Ryan moves closer to him. "So you're not angry at me? Yknow, for like sharing a bed with your sister?"

"Nah, she's twenty one, she's old enough to make her own choices." He mutters. "I gotta go to work." He says, tugging on his Guitar Center shirt. Jennie nods, sitting on her bed.

"Bye. You have a good day, vinny." She says, smiling at him.

"Bye buddy." Ryan says, patting his back.