Epilogue

authors note at the end of the chapter :)

Ryan stands at the end of the altar, sweating slightly as he shifts his weight from foot to foot. Vinny puts his hand on his shoulder, squeezing it gently, as if to tell him it's alright to be nervous.

He is very nervous.

Jennie tucks a loose strand of dark colored hair behind her ear, exhaling shakily. She looks up at the ceiling, fidgeting with the hem of her veil. She takes a deep breath before starting down the aisle, her bouquet of hydrangeas tight in her sweaty hands.

Tears start to swell in Ryan's eyes, but he bites his lip to stop from outright crying. He grins to himself as a tear slides down his cheek. "Wow..." He whispers.

Jennie takes her place across from her soon to be husband, taking his outstretched hand in her own. "You're so handsome." She says softly, her voice shaking. The officiant smiles at them before starting on his speech.

"I, Jennifer, take you Ryan, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." She grins, her eyes full of tears.

"Ryan, repeat after me..."

"I, Ryan, take you Jennie, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." He manages out through a soft sob.

"You May now kiss the bride!" Jennie grabs Ryan's jaw and kisses him firmly, grinning widely. Ryan dips her backwards, raising his fist in the air in celebration as he kisses his blushing bride.  "Ladies and Gentleman, it is with great pleasure I announce Mister and Misses Ryan Sitkowski!" Cheers erupt and fill the church, tears stream down the guests cheeks.

Vinny grabs the newlyweds and brings them into a tight group hug. "Mom and Dad would be so happy for you guys!" He says sadly, kissing his baby sister on the forehead. "My sister married my best friend!" He beams.

Ryan looks lovingly down at Jennie. "I love you." He smiles, kissing her once more.

"I love you too." She sighs back, hugging him tightly.