Chapter 8

Akio

Slice. Repair. Slice. Repair. 

The pattern of how Akio's skin quickly repaired every time it was injured.

"Akio? Are you going to come down?" Akio stopped cutting at his arm and slightly turned his head to his mother. He nodded, "Yes, Mother." He stood and walked towards the door. Akio's mother put her hand on Akio's chest, stopping him from proceeding. 

"Is something the matter, Mother?" He asked, holding her hand.

"Where is my son?" She asked, closing the hand on his chest into a fist.

"I am right here, Mother." He replied.

"I do not see my son's eyes. Where is my son?" She raised her voice a little.

"I wish you'd love me too..." 

~~~

"Mom?" 

"Akio," She started, "dinner is ready."

"Oh, yay." I smiled and she hugged me.

"I love you, Akio."

I hugged her back, "We love you too."

She retracted from the hug and sighed while looking into my eyes, most likely to have been changing between the colors red and green. She turned and walked to the stairs beginning to descend. 

I followed behind her slowly, "Stop cutting our arms... "

"Why? It is fun."

"It's pointless and messy." 

"Whatever."

"I'm serious." 

"You know we have a bloodlust."

"We can control it!" 

"Why else have I been cutting our arms..."

"Mom hates cleaning up after us."

"I don't care, it's not like she loves me anyway."

"..."

"...exactly."

~~~

When I woke up the next day, mom had left a note on the fridge. "Say goodbye to your father and wish him a good doy..." 

"What a joke!"

"What do you mean?"

"That bastard made us this way."

"We still love him. He's our dad..."

"He loves YOU, our mother loves YOU! They don't care about me! I wasn't even supposed to be here!" 

He reached for a knife and walked outside, "Stop! Violence is not a freaking answer!"

"Who fucking cares anymore!?"

"I do."

I looked up, "Tadashi?"

"Why do you have a knife?" His eyes changing between brown and a dark blue, "Put the knife away."

"Tch..." 

I walked back inside and put the knife down. I put my hands in my pocket and walked outside, "I need to say goodbye to my dad."

"We'll wait for you." He replied, smiling gently.

~~~

"Dad?" I asked flicking on a light in the basement.

"You gave someone the disk..." He said coming out of the shadows.

"I did."

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"We didn't want to be alone anymore."

"Your father's love is not enough for you?"

"YOU DON'T LOVE ME!"

"Why do you say that?"

"You only ever care for him."

"If I did that, why would I give you a body to live in," He walked closer to me and held my trembling hands, "Son, you're trembling..."

"I don't want to be alone." We said.

"I see that you both don't want to be alone. However, I am worried for your friend. It seems as if he won't cooperate as easily... that may cause some problems."

"What do you mean?"

"According to my scans, his heart is torn."

"What does that mean?" 

"He could potentially hurt himself... that won't end well. If you know what I mean."

"How can we help them?"

"Well, first, what is the correlation between the original two?"

"He loves Tadashi."

"What about you?"

"Tadashi made this heart beat again. Now we properly share this body."

"The question is not answered. Why did you put in the disk and not Akio?"

"He saved me... I'm not as violent as before. And, I wanted to be with someone who can relate to me."

"His heart is torn. Fix it."

"Alright Dad."

"And before we go, Mother asked us to wish you a good day."

"Very kind of her, thank you, son."

~~~

"Tadashi?" I called for him when I got back upstairs.

"Akio~" Tadashi said kissing my cheek.

"Don't do that, else I'll jump you..." I whispered while biting his ear.

A satisfied grin crept on my face as he blushed deeply, "Shut up..."

We decided to walk to school, hand-in-hand, I never wanted to let go...