Part 2- The C-Rank Mission

Hai! Welcome to part 2! Enjoy! *Disclaimer I do NOT own any characters, places, pictures, or storyline related to Naruto.*

Naruto's Pov:

This can't be happening! Not only do I have the Demon Nine-Tailed Fox in me, but I'm also in love with the most distant person ever. No Naruto! Don't you dare say love! Geez I'm painting this lady's fence and having a mental breakdown. Wow...another great day. 

*Time Skip to after they're done painting.*

We made our way to see the Hokage and Iruka for another mission. When we got there, the old man said we have to do another D-Rank mission.

"No way I'm doing another D-Rank mission!," I yelled, definitely not after what happened while painting the fence. After much bickering at each other, he gave us a C-Rank mission.

"Woohoo!," I cheered in joy.

"So what do we have to do?," Sakura asked.

"You're going to be a bodyguard for this man, Tazuna, he's a master bridge-builder, escort him where he needs to go, and watch over him as he continues to build his bridge., the Hokage said.

"Great..," I sighed. So we started our journey to The Land of Waves.

As we walked it was silent, I constantly looked over at Sasuke. My mind just somehow kept wondering to him. I wondered what I should do, if I should tell him these weird feelings. I shook my head. Ugh what do I do in a situation like this. It was so much easier with Sakura because I could openly flirt with her, no one would look at me weird, but how do you openly flirt with a guy when you are a guy yourself.

"Yo, what's wrong with you, you're acting not like yourself?," Sasuke asked me. I instantly became flustered. And my heart somehow sped up, beating rapidly against my chest.

"Just thinking of....things.," I replied.

"What kind of things?" Maybe I should tell him, I mean what's the worst that could happen. Alright, when we get to The Land of Waves I'll tell him how I really feel about him.

"I promise I'll tell you everything when we get where we're going, okay?," I looked over at Sasuke and smiled.

"Okay then..," Sasuke replied, walking back over to his spot, mumbling idiot on the way over there.

Kakashi stopped a second, and started a conversation with the man. Sakura walked over to Sasuke.

"So..Sasuke do you want to..maybe go on a date after this?," Hearing Sakura say those words for some reason felt like taking a blade to the heart. After I realized what my feelings were towards Sasuke, Sakura flirting with him hit me like a bus every time she did it. I hated it.

I didn't want her to flirt with him. I wanted to be the one to, but what would everyone think of me then. I mean I finally have friends, people who actually care about me and to waste it all away like that would be miserable.

I heard something in the bushes, I threw one of my kunais at it. Everyone looked over, Kakashi pushing the bushes away to see a rabbit scared for it's life. I felt bad, so I took the rabbit and hugged him tight.

Kakashi paused.

"Someone is here, Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto guard Tazuna.," Kakashi exclaimed.

Two ninjas appeared cutting Kakashi in pieces. My eyes widened and my heart started to beat rapidly, I was scared.

The ninjas turned their attention towards me and started to come after me. I fell backwards, fear clearly in my eyes. Sasuke threw kunais to tie their chain to the tree and he stood on their claws. I looked at my hand, blood fell from an open cut. Sakura stayed by Tazuna to protect him.

Kakashi appeared knocking out the two ninjas.

"Are you alright Naruto?," Sakura asked concerned, looking at my hand.

"Yea, are you hurt.......scaredy cat?," Sasuke taunted, smiling. Anger filled at the pit of my stomach, I didn't want Sasuke to see me like that.

"Naruto, you're hand, the wound has poison in it, from their claws.," Kakashi said. I looked at my hand. I took out a kunai and stabbed the wound. I'm not going to be scared or afraid anymore. I can't become strong if I'm too afraid and I need to be strong, stronger than Sasuke and stronger than the current Hokage.

"I'm fine.," I said.

Nothing is going to stop me from becoming Hokage, so right now I'll make a vow to myself, I will become strong and surpass anyone stronger than me.

Well, that's part 2! Thanks for reading!