five

"It's all for you"

Dahlia

"You've been spending time with that friend of yours" The older woman spoke. Her voice was old and frail. Her hazy green eyes focused on Dahlia's. Whom nodded as an answer.

The older woman thought for a long time before speaking up again "You're eyes light up when you speak of her". Dahlia smiled and caressed her mothers hand unable to really speak.

"You can leave him darling. I only want your happiness"

Today was a rare day. A good day for the elder woman who had a lot of medical problems and needed Mark to fund her medication and treatment.

Dahlia nodded, it was better to agree than argue. "I know mother" Was all she could think of to say to woman. She gave her mother a kiss on the temple "I'll get us out of here mom" Dahlia spoke quietly before leaving the room.
Her hand felt the wall as she walked down the hallway. The house looked normal. Due to Dahlia. She took care of everything. She made sure everything looked normal because maybe one day it would be. One day.

Once she made it to the stairs, she padded down them. Heading toward the leaving room. Painted with cream coloured walls, floored with dark oak wood along with white furniture.
Dahlia found herself curled into the armchair she buried her face into the pillow.

Letting her eyes close for a second to just take in everything. Why was it bothering her now? She had always been numb to the feelings, what changed? Why did she feel the need to leave? The only thing that changed in her life was Elise. Oh Elise. Her Elise. The one thing in her life that seemed so perfect. The one person that made Dahlia want to wake up the next day. Was Elise

Opening her eyes, she reached for her phone that was laying in the coffee table. Unlocking it she found Elise's name of course it was at the top. Due to their frequent conversations. She reread through their conversation.

Elise:  Ohhhh my love

Dahlia: Yesssss beautiful

Elise: You're so pretty

Dahlia: No my love you are. I will see you tomorrow for dinner.

Elise: um. I don't know. I'm moving out.

Dahlia froze, Elise was doing what the two woman had only fantasied about. Leaving their spouses. Her fingers wandered around the letters of her phone. Trying to think of what to say, but physically she was there mentally she was to shocked to think.

If Elise could do it why couldn't she, but Elise didn't have something holding her back. Dahlia did, she couldn't afford her mothers treatment along with her college tuition. Dahlia rubbed her head before replying to Elise.

Dahlia: that's great love. I'm thinking about divorcing Mark as well.

She stopped. It wasn't a lie. Dahlia was thinking about it. There was only a couple people who where bound to answer her rescue call. Scrolling through her contacts finding the name Dad.

Her finger hovered over the call symbol. Sighing she pressed it. Her father was a hit or miss, usually he was a miss. Her ear pressed against the phone hearing the empty sounds of ringing tone. About to hang up before she heard his voice.