Thirteen.

The waves crashed onto each other, spraying the rocks she was sitting on. She looked up to the sky and was talking to her mother, to God whom she loved dearly. The sound of the water seemed to wash calmness over her. It always gave her a peace of mind, she would remember the times she would go looking for shells on the beach to add to her collection.
"You called me?" A voice broke her thoughts from behind her.
"I did no such thing." She replied. Although she was ecstatic that he was here.
He showed her his phone. And all the missed calls he received from her. They were many.
"Well, I did call you. But you didn't come then. Sorry for disturbing you."
"I was busy but I left my work and came as soon as possible. I guess I'll just go back." A look of irritation washed over his face.
He turned around to leave and she turned her head back to the ocean, feeling the serenity of the sound coursing through her heart, her veins when a large hand covered her eyes and something was placed in her lap.
"Happy birthday." His smooth voice whispered the honeyed words into her ear as she opened up the box to reveal a bracelet, it had a simple silver plate and engraved on it was her name.

And on the other side was his name.