Chapter 3

"Gym level

"Gym level. Have a good day Mr. Barnes."

"Thanks."

It still felt weird to talk to a disembodied voice. But he was getting used to it.

It had been two weeks and 3 dates since he met Sofia. Tony was coming home tomorrow and both of them were still trying to figure out how to tell him. Steve had suggested they both come to the compound and the team could help. Plus, everyone was eager to meet Sofia. Bucky was still getting used to Sofia's casual touching. Grabbing his arm, kissing his cheek or lips, running a hand on his face. She was very affectionate but was trying to not overwhelm him.

Bucky stepped into the gym area and made his way to the pool. Sofia was laying on her back in the water, humming to herself and floating. She heard Bucky approaching and sat up.

"Hey! You're early...or have I been in here for five hours?" She looked around at the clock.

"No, I needed to come into town early to get a haircut. Sam threatened to give me a mohawk if I didn't." Bucky ran a hand over his hair. "I was going to get one a couple of weeks ago but I ran into some chick and forgot about it."

"You have people issues don't you?" She climbed out of the pool and grabbed a towel, squeezing water from her hair.

"Hazard of being kidnapped and brainwashed." Bucky shrugged and kissed her wet forehead.

"Hey, you know there is something I've been wanting to do with you for a long time." Sofia tilted her head and gazed through her lashes at him. Her hands were running down the front of his long sleeved shirt.

"And what is that...thing...you want to do?" Bucky stumbled over his words.

They had danced around the sex thing. Sticking to heated sessions of kissing and not going further. Despite the many cold showers. Bucky was scared to lose control. Sofia was nervous about him seeing the extent of the scarring. Some guys had been turned off, scared to touch her. Bucky was also terrified of his arm. He knew he had control over it, it wasn't the Soldier's arm anymore. He had planned to ask Sofia to spend the night at the compound with him that night. Being together for the first time would be easier if he knew someone was near to...step in if something happened. Steve's reaction to this idea had been, 'You want me to sit at the end of the bed and watch?'

"I want to..." She breathed in his ear, pulling his shirt up to expose his stomach. "...race you."

"Like...in a marathon?" He was confused. Her words and the slow removal of his shirt were not connected.

"No, in the pool." She leaned back and smiled. "Come on, strip. You can swim in your boxers."

"Oh...okay." Bucky let out a shuddering breath.

Sofia bit her lip. She knew what she was doing. She liked to see his face flush when he got turned on. It put heat in his eyes. He tried to be so calm and collected with her, she understood why. But she liked that he got worked up over her, because God knew she got worked up over him. More often than not he featured in her dreams that had her drenched in sweat and panting when she woke.