Chapter 4

"Where is everyone?" Sofia looked across the massive living area as Bucky led her through the compound

"Around. We'll all meet up for dinner in a couple of hours. Steve had to run an errand with Clint and Natalia." Bucky pushed open the door to his room and dropped Sofia's bag on the bed.

"Why do you call her Natalia...actually, nevermind. I called her Natalie for a long time."

Sofia gazed around the room. It was open with big windows, the walls lined with bookcases. Where the wall showed there were sketches and drawings. She could see a huge bathroom through an open door. The bed was unmade, one pillow on the floor.

Bucky watched as she looked around. He was happy he didn't have to explain his history with Natalia. He remembered it, he couldn't claim he didn't. But they had worked it out as best they could through joint therapy sessions. Natalia seemed to feel protective of Bucky, not as much as Steve, but there was a link there.

"I like your hair." Sofia turned and flopped onto her back on the bed.

"Really? The girl who cut it wouldn't let me go as short as it used to be. She said my hair was too pretty."

"Did she?" Sofia sat up with a smirk, crossing one leg over the other. "She's not wrong. You are very pretty."

"Handsome." Bucky frowned, crossing his arms over his chest and standing over her.

"Sure, sure, that too." She laughed and grasped the hem of his shirt, pulling him down. He put his hands on the mattress next to her so their foreheads were touching. He brushed his lips over hers. Once. Twice. She opened her mouth and licked along the seam of his lips.

"What are you doing?" He smirked.

"Trying to finish what you started earlier." She chuckled and linked her fingers at his neck.

"But...we don't have much time and-"

"You're going to try and convince yourself this is a bad idea no matter what I say. But I promise to make it fast." Sofia edged one hand to the button of his jeans.

"Yeah, fast isn't going to be the issue here. Broken furniture and noise control are more likely." Even as he was talking Bucky was kissing along Sofia's jaw and urging her farther up the bed.

"Wasn't someone near enough to hear us one of your stipulations anyway?" Sofia slipped her hand into his jeans, running a finger along his waistband.

"It was but I was hoping more for Steve."

"How close are you two?" Sofia pulled her head back to squint at him. "I mean, it's not a deal breaker but..." Bucky started laughing, shaking the bed.

"I'll tell him you said so. No, I just didn't think Wanda and Vision would be the rescue squad." Bucky nuzzled into her neck, running his lips along the scars.