FOC: 18

After a month, Merlin came back. She was back in the Boar Hat. As soon as she got there, while Meliodas was busy doing something at the back, she got the chance to talk to the other Sins.

"So, What did you find?" Ban asked, after looking around. "I found a ritual kind of style to direct power towards a person." Merlin answered, everyone huddled around. 

"But who uses the powers?" King asked. "About this... It's not a transfer kind of ritual." Everyone looked at Merlin. 

"It's direct. We can use the magic amplifier spells in the multiple books that Diane read and use it on ourselves." Merlin explained her plan to use the ritual. "It was hard getting this information, I had to dig deep into the Gods and Goddesses rituals. There were a lot. Thanks to King's information from the elders" 

"And I found a powerful barrier in my books, since you won't be able to make one." Gowther added, making Merlin nod. "I'll go call someone to do the spell." Escanor added. 

Everyone nodded, "Alright! We're going somewhere!" Ban exclaimed. All that researched and training for 16 years had paid off. They heard a door open, "Who's going where?" Meliodas asked. 

Ban grinned and walked towards Meliodas, putting his arm over his shoulder, bending down. "Oh, nowhere!" Everyone laughed at Ban, of course, they were happy that they had something planned for their captain already.

But there was something that they had to take care of, Zeldris. Elizabeth was the one to give his breakfast and to change his bandages, so she was away from the bar. 

While Elizabeth was throwing out Zeldris' old bandages, Zeldris started to cough. Taking Elizabeth's attention, she looked at him and saw him cough up blood and collapse to the ground. More blood than usual. 

Elizabeth rushed to his side and tried to help him up, making him lean on the wall. Elizabeth's heart was beating so fast because of worry, she didn't know what else to do, she couldn't heal him or anything. She was just human--

Back at the bar, as they were chatting, they felt a powerful surge of power that reached the bar. Everyone knew who's powers it was, and before anyone could react, Meliodas was the first one to run out the door. 

Everyone went after him, they all knew where Meliodas was headed, and it wasn't going to be pretty. 

When they stopped, they saw Zeldris on the ground while Elizabeth was half awake, standing up. She looked unstable, she wobbled and once she took a step forward, she started to fall. 

Meliodas didn't let that happen, he quickly went to Elizabeth and caught her before she fell and went back to where everyone else was. 

Elizabeth closed her eyes out of exhaustion, the last thing she saw was Meliodas' worried look. Once her eyes were closed, Meliodas whipped his head towards Zeldris and glared at him. He watched as Zeldris struggled to get up. 

Everyone watched as Zeldris got himself to sit up and see his brother. Meliodas' eyes were filled with rage. Meliodas carefully laid Elizabeth's body on Chastiefol as King kept watch.

Meliodas stood up still glaring at Zeldris, memories came back. Meliodas remembered Zeldris laughing as the last attack that went towards everyone. Meliodas remembered when Zeldris killed Elizabeth. 

Meliodas was about to attack Zeldris out of anger. However, Merlin stopped him with her hand. "Do you really want to kill him with that anger?" Merlin gave Meliodas a serious look. Meliodas looked down at the ground, palms turned into a fist. 

"Calm down." Merlin told Meliodas, Meliodas didn't move. He couldn't calm down. Zeldris was right there, alive. when he's supposed to be dead. 

"Why is he here." Meliodas said through gritted teeth. Merlin looked at the others, they looked at her with guilt filled eyes. Merlin sighed, "Sorry, Captain." Meliodas looked at Merlin, who was looking at Zeldris.

"Perfect cube" 

With that, Meliodas was inside a perfect cube. Everyone was shocked by what Merlin did. "Merlin! What are you doing?!" Meliodas asked, banging on the cube. 

Merlin glanced at Meliodas, snapping her finger, Meliodas and the cube disappeared. "Where did he go?" Escanor asked, "Back at the bar," Merlin answered, then looked at Zeldris.

"This is gonna be a problem." Zeldris looked at them with wide eyes. It was the first time that Zeldris was healed by a Goddess, the feeling was much different than regenerating. 

"We can't keep him here anymore." Ban stated, Zeldris looked at Ban. "I think we should bring him to the bar." Merlin stated, everyone looked at Merlin. "What? Are you crazy? The captain will kill him!" Diane exclaimed, and as much as Zeldris didn't to agree with her, it was true. 

"Zeldris, If my memory serves me right, you are half mortal." Merlin smirked at him, Zeldris nodded. "There's your answer." Everyone didn't get it, but questioned nothing because it was said by Merlin. 

"I'll still bind him, don't worry. Now stand up." Merlin told Zeldris, Zeldris looked at Merlin. "What makes you think i'll go with you?" 

Diane groaned in frustration, "Will you stop complaining? We're trying to help you here!" 

Zeldris rose his brow and snorted, "Help me?" Making Ban glare at him, "Who do you think fed you and brought you clothes like a little child?" 

Zeldris had nothing to shoot back at Ban, what he said was right. With a bad look in his eye, Zeldris stood up and followed the Sins back to the Bar. 

At least to Zeldris, he was going to find out where they lived. He was surprised to find a bar. They just entered and Zeldris followed behind. But everyone stopped in the middle of the bar, making him stop too.

"King, Diane. Take Elizabeth to her room." Merlin ordered, making Diane and King go upstairs. Merlin then looked at Zeldris, "You're going to face the captain. You know he's mad, you know what you should do." Merlin warned Zeldris, Zeldris only looked away. Merlin however took that as a yes. 

As a group, everyone surrounded Meliodas' door. Merlin opened it and saw Meliodas sitting on the floor, still inside the cube. Meliodas' bangs covered his eyes as he looked down. 

"Cap--" Ban was cut off by Meliodas, "What kind of sick betrayal is this?" 

-

oh shit.