FOC: 19

"Betrayal?" Diane asked, confused as everybody else in the room. 

"It this supposed to be payback for betraying my past comrades?" Meliodas  asked, not looking at them in the eyes. He still had his head down. Everyone looked at each other, concerned. 

"Captain, we aren't be--" Escanor was cut off by Meliodas yelling. "and what the hell is he doing here?!" This time, Meliodas looked up, looking at Zeldris in particular. who gave him a blank stare. 

Everyone saw Meliodas' facial expression, the face of betrayal. It was like sweet revenge from the Ten Commandments. But this wasn't what the  Sins had planned.

"You tell me to not disband the Seven Deadly Sins for this?" Meliodas asked, his voice laced with sadness. 

"Capt-" Meliodas cut Diane off before she could finish. "Just leave." Meliodas ordered, making everyone freeze. Meliodas didn't have to repeat it. Everyone left the room, leaving their captain alone with his thoughts. 

Or so they thought, "You've become weak, brother." Zeldris, who was on the sidelines the whole time watching everything happen, spoke.

"Why are you still here?" Meliodas asked. He didn't care anymore whether Zeldris saw him lose his composure or not. He just wanted to be alone, but Zeldris didn't let that happen. 

"You're not my captain." Zeldris stated, making Meliodas look away. It was just Zeldris and Meliodas in the room. Brother to brother.  "Then why did you stay." 

"To tell you that they didn't betray you." Zeldris subconsciously defended the other Sins. Meliodas' eyes widened a little when Zeldris said that. "How would you know."

"Because," Zeldris paused, taking Meliodas' attention. "I've learned that they really care for you, brother." With that, Zeldris turned around to open the door. But Meliodas stopped him with a question.

"Zeldris, what happened to you?" 

Zeldris chuckled, "I don't know myself. I guess I stayed with humans for too long." Zeldris left, leaving Meliodas thinking. 

Once Zeldris went downstairs, everyone was quiet. Zeldris took a seat and just stayed quiet as well. Instead of being like the others feeling guilty, he was deep in his thoughts. 

After a little while, Zeldris realized what he did. He defended the other Sins without knowing. Face palming, he sighed. Zeldris wondered why he had become that way. He was never like that. He never defended anyone. Zeldris was confused, he couldn't wrap it around his head. 

Was it because he was half mortal for the past 16 years that it got to him? Was it because of the help that the others had given him? Did he finally understand the strong feelings the others had for their captain? 

Had time changed him? He had so many questions and he had little patience to find the answer. 

I guess I stayed with humans for too long.  

Zeldris stopped his thoughts and took a breath. "How 'bout checking on Elizabeth" Zeldris could feel the stares coming from every single one of them. "We don't have to." Merlin smirked, snapping her fingers and removing the Perfect Cube that Meliodas was in. 

"The Cap'n's probably gonna be inside Elizabeth's room~" Ban chuckled, making Zeldris smirk. "Then while he's occupied, how about plan on that curse." 

Everyone stared at Zeldris, making him rise his brow. "what?" Everyone began to smile and just look away from him and stated to plan. Zeldris didn't mind, because at this point, he was willing to help them and hasn't realized.

"Okay, so, what do you guys have?" Zeldris asked, genuinely wanting to know. No one objected from telling him, not even King. "We have a ritual from the Gods and Goddesses." Merlin answered. 

"What kind of Ritual?" Zeldris stood up and took a seat near them. "One that gathers all of our powers and directs it to a maximum to 2 people" Merlin explained, Zeldris went into deep thinking.

"I think I've read that somewhere before, What is it called?" Zeldris looked at Merlin. "It's the Chikara Ritual." 

Upon hearing those words coming out of Merlin's mouth, Zeldris' eyes went wide. Getting everyone else's attention. "what is it?" Ban asked, making Zeldris look at him. 

"That Ritual is extremely dangerous, it's only been done twice. Sure, the rituals were a success, but the ones who performed it almost died." Zeldris warned, "It takes everything from you guys. Recovering from this won't be easy." 

Everyone looked at Zeldris, the information sinking in. Ban was the first to react, with a grin. "We're gonna be fine!" Everyone's heads turned to Ban. "Right, guys?" Ban looked at everyone's eyes. They were determined. 

"Yeah!" Diane exclaimed, fist pumping into the air. Holding the bridge of his nose, Zeldris sighed. "You guys are crazy." 

Gowther pat Zeldris' shoulder, "It is okay to care about us, but don't fret. We will be okay." Zeldris quickly whipped his head towards Gowther. "What?!" 

"Aw~ You care about us?" Ban laughed, making Zeldris' face turn into a shade of red. "What?! No!" Zeldris turned his head, embarrassed.

Everyone laughed at Zeldris, "We'll be okay." Diane added, everyone nodded. "We'll get through this any other way!" Escanor exclaimed. Zeldris furrowed his brows, "Why would you go this far?" 

Everyone stopped and looked at him. King smiled, "I think we've told you. We want to do something for him." Zeldris still couldn't grasp the reason. 

"If that's not enough, it's because we're following a law." Escanor added, making Zeldris rise his brow. "Law?" 

"The 4th by-law of the Seven Deadly Sins: Whenever one of us is in trouble, we will all unite with all our strength to come to their aid."

-

Chikara - Power