Chapter 3

I pulled up to my apartment complex parked the car and stormed into my living room. I was livid, I was so angry with Jake. I couldn’t stand the sheepish grin he wore like everything was ok. I decided to just eat my feelings as any other girl my age would do so I ordered a pizza. About 15 minutes later there was a knock on my door. I excitedly jumped up hoping it was my pizza but when I opened the door I saw something I didn’t expect, Jake’s best friend Edgar Esteves, also my ex boyfriend. I looked up at him with confusion, “what’re you doing here?” I questioned. We broke up when I left for college, he was my first real boyfriend.

“Uh, I well… I heard you were home and I had to see for myself.” He replied, he looked at me, the way he always looked at me, with those sweet honey golden eyes and that cheesy cheesy grin.

“I missed you,” I admitted. We talked very rarely when I was at school. But, I always thought of him. I knew I always liked Jake but, Edgar was sort of a distraction I guess you could call it. He was really a great guy with a great heart. I genuinely did miss him though, I almost wished things were the same.

“I missed you too,” he wore this huge smile on his face as he said those three words. Those three words that made my heart soar.

“Well I guess you could come in I mean if you really want, I ordered a pizza,” I laughed. He looked at me like he was trying to read my mind. He always did that. 

“Well I guess if theres pizza involved.” Edgar looked at me with his baby eyes and walked into my apartment and threw himself onto the sofa. “This is comfy,” he stated through a mouth full of pillow. I laughed and sat down next to him when there was another knock on the door. I ran to the door and opened it and revealed the pizza man. But, it wasn’t the pizza man that made me drop the money. It was the person standing behind him.

“Lex,” Jake started tears in his eyes. He looked like he was about to crack any second, so I grabbed him and threw him into a giant hug.

“Jake, I’m so sorry. I love you”

“No Lex I’m sorry, I love you too.” We stood there hugging each other for awhile, then he pulled back to see if this was really happening. Then he pulled me back in for an even bigger hug.

“Jake, Edgar is inside, I promised him pizza.” I laughed, but Jake gave me a look of disgust. Had something happened between them? I wasn't exactly sure.

“I’ve seen enough of him for the week,” Jake stated as he pulled his car keys out of his pocket. “Lets have lunch tomorrow, I’ll get you around one, I’ll text you with my new number.” He pulled me into another giant hug.

“Bye Jake.”

“Bye Lex,” what happened next I wasn’t expecting, Jake gave me a small kiss, a huge grin and walked out the doors.

A/N

Hi guys I hope you’re enjoying reading so far. This is my first real fanfic so I hope you like it. Make sure you tell your friends! Leave comments and don't forget to vote!!!!