"Encounters."

"Where have you been?" Lydia tails after Via who had just entered the Institute. "Out." Via bluntly answers. "Out where?" Lydia kept on questioning. Via just continued to walk to their shared room.

Lydia spun Via by the shoulder, "I'm talking to you!"

"Look I'm tired and I just want to sleep." Via sighs exasperatedly, not wanting to argue with her sister. Lydia crossed her arms, "Is that who we are now? Not telling each other things?"

"Funny you mention that, because I don't remember you telling me that you're getting married to someone I used to be in love with!" Lydia was taken a back. "I was going to tell you-"

"When? When Lydia?!"

"When both of you are at the altar drawing the marriage runes on each other and saying your vows?!" Via exclaims. "This is nothing personal. This is for the Institute. For our name. For their name." Lydia tried to defend.

"You could've at least told me!"

Lydia keeps quiet. "You know how I felt when Alec left me. And now you?" Via looks at her sister. Behind Lydia, walking towards them was Raj. "We lost Meliorn."

"What?!"

Via slowly slipped away and walked to their shared room, taking off her boots, and jacket. She laid on the bed, completely exhausted.

"I think I would lose my mind if it wasn't you I woke up next to." Alec says, his eyes stayed focus on Via's. "You're so cheesy."

"It's true."

"I want to spend my whole life with you. I know we've been on this for months, but I want you to have this." Alec sits up and reaches something in his drawer by his nightstand.

"This is a remembrance of us." Alec holds in his fingers a ring. With a gold band and a violet gemstone on front, and diamond pieces by the side.

"Are you saying goodbye?" Via asks him

Alec chuckles and held Via's hand and put the ring in her finger. "I just want you to remember this. Us."

Once the finger was in Via's finger, Alec kisses her hand. "I love you."

Via wakes up, remembering the dream, she walks to her drawer, lifting all the clothes and pulled out a small box. She opens it and sees the ring.

After a few seconds of staring at it, it starts to glow. Via blinks to make sure she wasn't dreamig anymore. She wasn't. She wears it on her finger, and sees Alec, who was with Lydia, who was ready to arrest Isabelle. Via immediately walks out of the room and goes to Lydia.

She sees her near Isabelle, "I'm sorry." Lydia says. "For what? Isabelle asks, confused. "Isabelle Lightwood, by order of the Clave, you are under arrest for high treason." Lydia states.