"Deal."

"I'm not doing that for you." Via shook her head. "As I've heard, you're the strongest Shadowhunter in Idris. Let's give it a test, no?" Raphael smirks. "It doesn't work that way."

"Emotions cloud judgement. That's way Shadowhunters rule with their heads not with their hearts." Raphael points out. "I don't rule. I kill."

"You don't have to kill, you just have to be here all the time." Raphael says. "Even if I do, what can you reaasure me?" Via asks. "Thought you'd say that."

Raphael walks toward a glass case and pulled out a seraph blade. "This was Jonathan Shadowhunter's first seraph blade. This was forged with the same adamas used to forge your weapons until now."

"Why do you have it? Legend says it withered along with him in the grave." Via asks him, suspiciously. "This maybe hard to believe but Jonathan made people believe that so no one would bother to dig up his grave. He left his seraph blade to a Downworlder, a child of the night,"

"Why?"

"So no one would fight over it. So no one would be filled with greed. It was passed on to each head of the clan, until it went to Camille, who was supposed to pass it on th other heads, but apparently they all died the same night."

"Camille murdered them." Via says. "Exactly."

"Let ms get this straight, you want me to be your personal assassin, go against the Clave, aka my sister, and abandon the Institute and become a vampire instead but I don't have to worry because you'll give me my ancestor's blade." Via sums it up. "You got it right, except for the part to become a vampire and abandon the Institute."

"Are you crazy? We'll both be dead to the Clave. No pun intended." Via states. "You don't have to tell them. What they don't know won't kill them."

"They will eventually find out. The Clave has a small group of spies for each faction of the Downworld." Via says. "Fine, then I'll offer you another deal."

"Do I still get to keep the sword?"

"Alec, I don't want to sound that girl, but Via doesn't really like you that much. Not after what you did. Not after when you left her."

"I know. And I made a mistake. And I can make it right." Alec immediately replies. "I can't force Via into a wedding with you. She hates me for hiding the wedding. And if I force her into this, I'm afraid she'll never forgive me." Lydia looks into her fiancé's eyes.

Lydia sighs, "I'm really sorry, Alec. Do you still want to go on with the wedding? I'll understand if you don't want to."

Meanwhile at Jade Wolf, the blood was taken to Jade and is at the state of being transfused with the new blood. Clary was waiting outside, when Michael Wayland bursted into the scsne. "The transfusion helped. He's much better. He's gonna wanna see you."

Clary nods as he headed for inside, but Michael stopped him, "But, uh, can I, um, talk to you for a minute?" Clary turns to him, "Of course." [

"I'm, I feel as if I know you." Michael starts. "You're so much like your mother." Clary chuckles at this statement. "You're fearless, and loving, and you got a mind of your own. A little stubborn, perhaps?" Michael describes Clary.

"I should probably work on that." Clary says. "Maybe not. It served Jocelyn well." Michael says. "She hid you from Valentine long enough for you to grow up without him poisoning your mind."

"It was complicated, the way I grew up." Clary stops, "But I know she loved me, whatever else."

"There was no whatever else for her. I knew she was carrying you when she fled from Valentine. But I never told him. No matter how much he tormented me." Michael says. Clary furrows her eyebrows, and sits down across from Michael. "Valentine thought my mother was dead. Why would he ask about her?"