"Marry who?"

Via had to really get used to portalling, everytime she goes out, her head is spinning. She maintained her balance as Clary and her held Jace as he was still weak from the demon poison. "I'm here, it's okay." Clary reassures him. "No going back now."

"Magnus was right. It's not working." Jace grunts, the demon poison wasn't healing at all. Clary draws an iratze to ease the pain a little bit, and Jace was at his own feet.

"What is all this?" Via looks around, unknown serums and machines around, and it was the basement of an unknown factory and Valentine wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"The makings of an army. There's no one here." Clary states. "Did Meliorn lie to us? He said that that Portal would take us to my father." Clary says. Via was about to speak when a loud bang occured, everyone turned to that direction and it was coming from a cage. Via quickly pulled out her seraph blade.

"Get behind me." Jace says to both females. The banging goes louder as Jace opens it wide. The trio were shocked to see a man, covering his face with his hands, obviously afraid. Via notices Jace's grip on the blade soften. "It can't be. It can't be. You died. I saw it." Jace says. The man stands up, they all moved back, Via held her blade. "Jace?" The man says softly. "Jace, is it really you?" Jace stayed quiet.

"Jace, how do you know this man?" Clary asks Jace. "He's my father." Jace states.

"Michael Wayland?" Via asks, "You were dead." Via looked into his eyes.

"Dad?" Jace says. "Son." And they both pulled each other into a hug. "Oh, Jace. I can't believe it."

"Son, you're hurt." He says, noticing the blood dripping down from his shirt and his soften body. "How did you find me?" Michael Wayland asks. "You're dead. Valentine killed you." Jace says, he was now weak again. "Valentine's, Valentine's here." Jace whispers. "No, Jace. It's me." Jace's breathing was now getting heavy.

"I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father." He turns to both females. "Look, I know what Jace told you, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me." Via felt a pit in her stomach, almost like she was going to puke. "And Jocelyn Fairchild?" Clary glances at Via quickly. "He took her with him." Michael states.

"You are?"

"I'm Clary, her daughter." Clary says. Isn't it obvious? Clary wanted to say. "Meliorn, the Seelie, told me that he was here with her." Clary says. "Jace, no!" Michael exclaim, before Via had catched him, his face falling onto her boobs. It was a bit awkward but Via shrugged it off and held Jace by the shoulder, Jace grunts in pain. "It's Ravener venom." Michael says.

"He kept telling me he was all right." Clary says. "We have to find your father, not my father." Jace says, weakly. "Valentine's," He couldn't continue his sentence, his eyes was falling. "His stele. Where is it?" He asks Clary. "Back pocket. Back pocket." Clary tried to reach for it. 

Jace groans as his father tried activate the rune. "What's wrong?" Via asks. "The rune is weak. Ravener venom must be spreading." Michael states. "We have to get him help. He's not gonna last like this." Via says. "We, We closed the Portal." Jace groans. "Valentine's got a standing Portal." Michael says as he grabs the other shoulder for support.

The four of them walk to the portal, "Hey, Jace, stay with me." His father told him. Jace's eyes were half closed. "Hey. Do you remember our first demon fight? We were way out past the Institute, way up at Kinshasa. You were only eight, but you were so brave. Do you remember what you said?" Jace looks at his father,
"I'm ready to die."

"And then I said, "Sometimes it's as brave to live as it is to die."" Michael says to his son. "Do you remember?"

"I do."