The Return Of A Cullen

I laid on the top of my bed staring up at the ceiling above me, there glowing stars that were stuck on the ceiling, I stare constantly gazing up I wish I was a star that I could shoot through and across space away from earth, go to another world or dimension; glimmer in the moonlight; but no that’s not going to happen I’m just stuck here in a world where I don’t belong. My name is Cassandra Blake (Blake, my surname was given to me by the lady who found me). People resent my appearance as “beautiful”; high cheekbones, a straight nose, strong jaw line, and full lips, I’ve also got unusual bronze hair colour, my eyes being green with brown specs; my hair length is a few inches long past my chest. I’ve got pale skin, and I have perfect shiny square teeth, pink rosy cheeks, shell-pink lips, pale lavender eyelids, and pink palms also I have a crooked smile. I try to imagine sometimes what my biological parents looks like; I’ve been in and out of foster care nearly all my life which has been nearly 16 years .I’m nearly up to the age of 16 still 15 but when I’m 16 which means I can drive a car, but it will probably take me years to afford a really old car. I forgot to say the most important thing about my life is that I’m mute, I can’t talk I wish I could talk, every year when It’s your birthday you blow out the candles on the cake each year I wish that I could talk and not be mute nothing happens I’m still mute.

When I was 2 years of age there came across a day when I couldn’t talk my foster parents took me down to the hospital and the doctor concluded that I was mute from that day forward I wouldn’t be able to talk nor scream or laugh. I’m living in a living nightmare a never ending nightmare when you can’t scream out loud or yell but you can’t I just stay silent . After that day my foster parents couldn’t cope to bring a child who was ‘mute’ so they just dumped me back to the foster home where I came from, nobody would foster me because not many people want to foster a child who is mute. I got moved foster home to foster home. I’ve been in this foster home for about 14 months now, I expect that soon I have to move, but one of the differences from all the many other foster homes I’ve stayed in is that this foster home it helps children who has disabilities. Such as deaf children, children like me who are mute and then there are just normal children. Ty my best friend (who’s a dude) is deaf, some deaf people aren’t comfortable about speaking so Ty don’t have to speak, I learnt sign-language quite quickly so that’s how we communicate to each other.

I decide to come out of hibernation and go downstairs to the TV room which was overcrowded with too many people in one room, there were sitting places spare on the seats; the floor seams comfortable so I decided to sit down on the carpet reading my book ‘dark calling by Darren Shan ’while having headphones I listened to music. I’m an excellent piano and guitar player I’ve even got some awards to prove it. All the kids were crowding around and fighting to watch their TV show on the small crappy old TV. Suddenly I felt a nudge it feels like someone is trying to get my attention I pall out my earphones from my ears, it was Lucas who nudged me I faced him. “Cassie Mrs. Winters is calling for you I thinks it’s urgent” Lucas said to me I nodded then up I got and walked slowly to Mrs. Winters’s office, Mrs. Winters is my social worker . There was a couple sitting down facing her desk; I walked causally into the room not bothering to knock first. “Cassie I’ve got some good news to tell you, Dr Cullen and his wife Esme are going to adopt you into their family” Mrs. Winters said with a smile on her face, why are this young couple want to adopt a 15 year old girl who is mute, I just nodded to it. I noticed their appearances, because I got a better look when I walked up to Mrs. Winter’s desk and stood quietly. A 26 year old woman with dark brown colored hair and Gold colored eyes. Her face is heart-shaped with dimples, and her slender figure. Then the man next to her looked around the age of 23. He has collar-length blond hair with a well-toned medium frame, gold eyes and was He looks like a movie star.