Chapter 5

A/N: This is a short flashback chapter of Cassie’s past, I am currently working on the next chapter ^^

 I don’t own twilight I own Cassie and other characters

The decision was made about Cassandra’s safety hiding her away in secret where they can’t track her down, it’s all for her safety the Cullen’s didn’t want to have baby Cassie hidden far away from them it was probably the hardest decision they have ever made all of them was grieve stricken when they said goodbye to beautiful baby Cassie, they loomed dauntingly over the crib in which the baby lay venerable, unaware of the events that are going to happen that will change her life forever. Later that night, before dawn of the early morning sun, Edward and Jasper, walked with a heavy heart, through the baron streets of Seattle City, in search of an orphanage.

 As the sun began to creep tentatively over the rim of the distant silhouetted hills,  they both stumbled upon an orphanage, and left a crying baby, placed carefully inside a wicker basket, on the door step of the crumbling care home that stood before them both, with nothing but a name tag hung loosely round her neck.

“Good Luck Cassandra I’m sorry I will always love you” Edward whispered as they walked away in the distance looking melancholy.

15 years ago

A few Weeks Later

Lisebeth hummed sweetly, as she gently caressed the soft face of the baby that sat sleepily upon her lap.

It had been nearly an entire month since Cassandra had been left on the door step of the crumbling orphanage; Lizebeth was beginning to consider putting Cassandra up for immediate adoption, as the orphanage was not suitably equipped for raising a small child such as Cassandra.

Later on that evening Lizebeth received a phone call from a couple inquiring  as to whether they were in possession of a small child that was up for adoption, as they were un able to conceive a of their own.  The phone call was miracle, Lizebeth explained Cassandra’s situation and asked if they would like meet Cassandra before they make their decision, this way, Lizebeth could deduce weather the  Taylor’s would be appropriate parents for Cassandra.

And so, in conclusion of the phone call, they arranged a meeting the following morning at the orphanage.

The next morning a car pulled up in the drive of the orphanage, Mr and Mrs Taylor’s went up to the door and knocked. Upon hearing the knocking Lizebeth went to answer the door and invited the young couple in.  Lizebeth went into the other room and lifted Cassandra up from out of crib and showed her to Mr and Mrs Taylor, the second when the young couple saw Cassandra beautiful face they knew that see was the one. After the all the paperwork was completed and signed Mr and Mrs Taylor brought Hera to her new home, they placed the placed the baby into the newly made crib in the purple and blue bedroom.

2 years later

Mrs Taylor had just dropped young Cassandra off at the local nursery and then she later set off to work at the local flower shop nearby, unaware that a very unfortunate event is going to happen that is going to change her and her family’s life forever, their life will never be the same again.

Cassie was humming a lullaby whilst painting finger prints onto a piece of paper unaware that something is going to happen very soon and she’ll never be the same again, Cassie and all the other children were all happily painting their work. Everything was fine until they smelt smoke, smoke was coming down under the classroom door, and there was a fire in the next room. It was chaotic all the children including Cassie were screaming in fear the teachers and helps guided the children outside to safety away from the fumes. Cassie then remembered something, someone was still inside unaware of the fire, Cassie slipped away from the group and ran into the burning nursery in search of Lily her friend and classmate. Lily left moments before the fire started to the bathroom unsupervised, Cassie ran to the toilets to tell Lily about the fire, Cassie tried holding her breaths not to engulf the smoke from the fumes of the fire. Cassie grabbed Lily’s wrist pulling her to safety, Cassie took of her coat and gave it to Lily to cover her mouth from breathing in the smoke, Cassie was thinking all about Lily, her friend safty before her own safety. The ceiling started too collapsed and crumbed, a wooden beam felled before Cassie Lily was in front of Cassie and the fallen beam, Cassie screamed to Lily to run and go to safety and forgets about her. Lily ran out of the burning nursery looking back at Cassie collapsed on the floor, she screamed out for help as loud as she could. Cassie sacrificed her own safety before her friends safety, Cassie has breathed into much smoke she started coughing up blood her lunges starting to collapse she fell down onto the floor losing consciousness.

Cassie woke up in a white room in a bed, she was in hospital, Cassie was taken straight to hospital and into the operation room, and she was in a coma for over a month. When she woke up she wanted to speak something but nothing came out she was silent, she couldn’t say anything she was mute. Mrs Taylor barged in and ran to Cassie side to hug her tightly in her arms, saying soothing words like it’s going to be alright sweetheart, it’s alright. Cassie laid on the bed crying her eyes out she couldn’t speak and she wouldn’t speak again in her life again. The doctors told Mr and Mrs Taylor that Cassie had engulfed to much of the smoke and her lunges collapsed, they did all they could to help her it’s a miracle for her to be alive, Cassie becoming mute wasn’t the worst thing that could of happened to her. Cassie and her parents moved away to England, away from the terrible memories of the fire.

A/N: Review of what you think?