Chapter 1

It was a beautiful December morning. The land was covered with snow. It seemed as if the whole world was just a white sheet. No one to be seen just the grey sky and white land complementing each other. It was peaceful as if a part of heaven had descended to Earth and silence engulfing it all. The scenery gets better every year.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said.

"Your coffee sir", servant said and kept on the side table.

"The breakfast is served and everyone is waiting for you sir." He said.

I nodded and he left the room.

Coffee was the best way to start a day. Who knew what ugly things have been planned for future.

I got off from my bed and freshened up, deciding what to wear from the heap of designers for my date with Cate tonight .

Catherine Williams, my longest term girlfriend yet. We have been dating since a year now and I somehow feel we are compatible enough to spend rest of our lives together. So I intend on proposing her soon.

After having my coffee, I went downstairs to have breakfast with my so called family.

It was a rule of The Stephens, to have breakfast together everyday, though ironically our hearts were miles apart, we call ourselves a 'family'. Everyone in the family was busy with themselves and so was I after the death of my mother. I preferred to be away from this so called family which rubs salt on my wounds.

My dad, Carl Stephen's, the owner of Stephens Estate, the biggest real estate business in Europe. My stepmother, Doris Stephens, a freaking whore who seduced my dad after mom's death and is now the Financial Head of our company.

"Good morning son. I hope you had a good sleep last night." My dad spoke sarcastically as I got downstairs. My dad, his wife and his stepson, Ryan were already seated at their places.

"Yes dad. When did you start to worry about me?" I said smiling.

"Good morning Ms. Helda." I said, with a wicked smile. I know she would love not be considered a part of our family.

"Shouldn't you call me mother or something?", she asked while ordering the helpers to serve the food.

"My mother is long dead and you are just my father's second wife." I replied and all she did was smile.

"Brian behave yourself," dad yelled.

And that's what irritates me the most, firstly he always takes her side and keeps on yelling when his health ain't good. Adding more to the torture, I don't even get any access to his health reports because of my rebellious nature against his will to make me marry this girl he wants me to.

"Carl, honey, please don't say like this. Isn't it obvious he still misses his mom and it's difficult for every child to give its mother's position to someone else?" Ms. Helda said probably trying to flutter dad even more. Dad just looked at her and nodded.

After breakfast, I left for office where as expected, Dylan, my best friend was flirting with some blonde chic. Don't know how but still I managed to pulled him off those irresistible magnets he called, for the series of meetings we had all day.

The clock struck 8 and I probably looked like a lifeless zombie but then I had plans with Catherine, so I had to leave. God knows what she would do to me if I won't be on time.

It was finally going to be a light environment after hectic day. I drove off to her house to pick her up.

In approx 15 minutes, I was there in front of her house. I went to her door and rang the bell. Catherine opened the door. She was wearing this super hot, body fit dress which showed her curves pretty well.