Prologue

Good and evil once walked alongside each other. The two titles were nonexistent. Every creature was equal, every creature was one.

          Creatures remained this way, until one corrupt being, killed his own blood. Cain, a human jealous of his brother, Abel. Cain's jealousy drove him mad, and led him into killing his own brother. That, destroyed the setting of purity, and sprung about the dawn of evil.

          Centuries later, humanity continues their corrupt ways. But, not all hope is lost. Some humans still carry purity in their hearts.
Eventually, humanity was at its breaking point. The feeling of purity had vanished and brung about a new feeling, hatred, evil. A decision was made by God, a decision to send multiple angels down. These angels were assigned to spread knowledge, and help humans find a sense of the divine once again.

          This had been a complete success, humans were once again getting along, supporting each other. Everyone was at peace, except one creature. He hated the sight of this. He decided to mimic the choices of God, and send multiple demons. These demons were sent to spread the complete opposite of the angels. They spread hate, evil, destruction. Of course, this was a success. Humans were back to their old ways.

          Soon, angels and demons had sparked a war with each other. This war lasted years and years. Humans could not see this war, but they could feel it. Some chose to ignore the feeling, others chose to embrace it and recognize it. Angels and demons fought relentlessly against each other. No one saw the end of it.

          The war abruptly ended when God and Satan himself came to an agreement. They shall both send seven angels and demons down to earth. They will each spread either a positive or negative message. Angels will spread the thoughts of the divine, whilst demons spread the thoughts of the corrupt. Thus humans will be given the choice to either follow the path of goodness, or, fall down a path of destruction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I braced myself, as I was about to be reborn as a human. My lord had instructed me to do so. As a human, I'd be sent to earth to deliver the message of the divine. It was an honor to do so. Six of my friends would accompany me. I was assured that fate would bring us together eventually.

I felt warmth wrap around me. I closed my eyes and let everything sink in. I was told that I wouldn't remember being an angel. I was slightly disappointed, and my emotions uncontrollably leaked throughout my expression. I was informed that as I gradually became older, I'd get a feeling of being something greater than just a being. And soon, as a human, I would discover my true identity as an angel of God.

I felt myself seeping into a separate reality. I was no longer comforted by the innocence and purity of Heaven. I felt a weird balance of good and evil.

Every single one of my memories were being destroyed. I felt my mind becoming weaker. I felt smaller. I felt new.

I cried into my mothers arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and my six brothers listened intently as we were being assigned to a separate, individual sin. We would all spread our sin upon the filthy race known as humanity.

Minutes went by, and I was finally approached. I prepared myself, as I was about to be branded with a completely new title. I was being given a new purpose entirely.

"Envy."

That was the word I heard. I nodded. I embraced this new word. I finally comprehended its whole meaning.

I had heard from somewhere that the seven angels were going to lose their memory. That's an extreme dumb move. They would forget their purpose entirely, and the whole point of them living would go to waste. Unlike them, we would maintain our current memory. We would also maintain our current ages. I would still be eighteen, and the others would hold their ages.

I spread my wings along with my brothers. I looked up and felt a wide smirk spread across my face. We all flew up towards the surface, towards mankind.

"Envy."

------------------------------------------------

•~ I Hope You All Enjoyed The Prologue Of "Sinful Wings." Some Of You Have Probably Figured Out The Theme For This Book Already, Others Are Still Piecing It Together. I'm Sure Everyone Will Find Out At Their Own Pace.
I Have Decided To Release This So Suddenly Because I Wanted To Get Feedback From You All About This Idea. I Am Going To Continue To Work On My Mafia Fanfic And My Coffee Fanfic, Of Course, But This Is The Next Book I'll Be Working On As Soon As Those Two Are Completed.
Chapters In This Book Will Take Quite Some Time, As I Want To Devote My Full Concentration Onto This Book. I Hope To See Some Improvement In My Writing As Well.
Again, I Hope You All Enjoyed The Prologue To "Sinful Wings." Please Comment, Vote, And Follow! ~•