Chap 17 (Ghost Hunting Part 3)

"Hope this'll be a good battle!" Y/n yelled out, and knocked the gun out of the hands of a nearby corpse. She lifted him up and swung him like a bat to push them out of her way. As the spirits were forced out of the bodies violently, Dr Flug immediately sucked them into his bottles, having a newfound courage and confidence. "I-I think I might enjoy this after all!" Dr Flug exclaimed excitedly. "Alright, just don't die!" Y/n yelled out and gave him a thumbs up before seizing a small coffee table and threw it at the corpses onto the walls to take them out. Meanwhile, Black Hat continued on with his rampage, tearing the corpses to shreds.

What's this?!" The voice yelled out in rage. More and more of my men actually being defeated by these three trespassers?! I never thought I'd have to do this....." All of a sudden, a loud snapping of a finger could be heard, and the corpses, as if on command, immediately dropped their weapons and assembled themselves in a neat line at a corner, leaving the three befuddled.

"Alright! Let's get this over with...." The voice said in exasperation. Just then, the three of them noticed an apparition come down from the ceiling and reached the ground, causing the floor to shake. The apparition was apparently of a large, curly- haired, middle- aged woman with a large stitched scar running down in the middle of her face. She was dressed in a formal suit with a fur collar and her body emanated a light green glow.

 She was dressed in a formal suit with a fur collar and her body emanated a light green glow

(Rough sketches of the boss)

"Never thought I'd actually see such competent trespassers." She said as she scrutinised the trio closely. "I'm Señora Guercio, head of the Scar gang, and who might you be?" Señora Guercio said with interest as she floated towards them. "I'm Black Hat, the best villain in Hatsville!" Black Hat said smugly. "I'm h- his Scientist, Dr Flug!" "I'm the assassin, "Killer Mask", Y/n."

"Huh, interesting....." The gang leader rubbed her Chin thoughtfully. "First time anyone's come this far, I might else get some fun out of this.." She said while chuckling at the trio. "Whatever, just tell us where your treasure is and I'll take you guys away from this dusty hovel." Black Hat said with an impatient scowl. Señora Guercio's eye twitched in response. "This "dusty hovel" was built entirely from scratch by me and my loyal gang." She turned behind to smile at the corpses who put a thumbs up in response.

The gang leader looked back with a slightly rueful look that softened her tough scarred face. "We just started out back then..... people used to look down on us for not being fancy high ups. Feh!" She looked up with an icy glare at the trio. "Until.... that one day when we uncovered the treasure that you came for. Word spread quickly, and we were no longer jokes, we became...... important." Señora Guercio clenched her fists, rage slowly lacing her speech. "However, it seemed that we got too important. We knew that someone would try to take our treasure away, so we stored it at a secret location, a secret we defended to the very end." Señora Guercio paused for a moment to compose herself as she got became slightly emotional. At that moment, Y/n felt herself feeling almost sorry for her. Black Hat simply looked back nonchalantly as Dr Flug meekly fumbled with his fingers. "And your point is?" Black Hat asked.

"That is why we won't let anyone leave with our treasure. I'm afraid you three will have to die like the rest!" She looked up with a dark grin, beckoning her gang members to advance forward, as all of them formed a barricade around the trio to prevent an escape. However, none came forth to Attack. There was an anticipative pause in the room with the trio and Señora Guercio staring intently at each other. The sinister boss broke the silence with a sharp cackle. "You forced us to resort to our ultimate combat mode, AND I'LL MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR BODIES FOR GOOD USE BY THE TIME I'M DONE WITH YOU THREE!"

With a loud, confident snap of her fingers, the ghosts left their bodies and swirled upwards into the air as Señora Guercio did the same. They combined together, creating a force so big it caused a giant wind to burst down the front door. Y/n, Dr Flug, and Black Hat were blown away by the scene in front of them (literally) and tried to get up. "They're possessing the house! We'll fight outside! Get out now!" Black Hat yelled as they stepped over the motionless bodies and bolted out of the house. As they stepped outside, the house began to shift and turn, with the blinds open to reveal ominous green light shining from the windows and the door. The trees nearby began to morph as well, as they were uprooted and planted their roots on the sides of the house, forming arms, which began to support the house in getting up from the ground. The broken planks below the house became a set of scurrying legs, sort of like a crab. The planks on the open door was beginning to resemble sharp fangs, and the front windows became a multitude of large, glowing green eyes. The abominable scar house let out a huge roar, which was Guercio and her gang members' voices combined, causing birds in the nearby woods to flee away, their raven bodies making dusk seem even darker, and making the house's eyes glow even brighter. As The trio stared ahead in a growing mixture of horror and amazement, the scar house transformed into a sentient, breathing horror made of twisted wood and sharp-edged planks, and began to advance towards them with its crab- like legs.

At that moment, Y/n could only think of one thing in her mind. "I swear it's getting weirder and weirder with my new team.."