p r o l o g u e

"You know I love you, but that is the worst idea that has ever come out of your mouth." Mirae could almost hear the frown on her best friend's face through the speaker of her phone. "Didn't you promise you would not judge me at the start of this phone call, Hana?" 

Another scoff could be heard on the other side and Mirae rolled her eyes. "I had no idea how dumb you actually were. Are you really that desperate? That is just plain sad." That actually hurt her feelings just now. 

"You are the absolute worst best friend ever." There was a short silence before Hana sighed. "You know I love you and I respect whatever decision you will make, but the path you chose... Isn't it a bit extreme? And expensive? And, I don't know... dangerous? 

Mirae nodded at everything Hana said, she was right after all. "Aren't there alternatives? Like... blind dates or tinder or something?" She was not wrong. "But I'm not really looking for a relationship" Mirae explained again. "I'm not looking for the whole kissing and holding hands thing. I'm not looking for sex, I just want someone to cuddle for a movie night, that kind of thing" she murmured. 

"Then look for a gay best friend, Mi!" Hana yelled into her phone. Mirae winced and pulled the phone from her ear. Goodbye eardrums...

She sighed. "You know I didn't call you to help me decide. I just wanted to tell you that I will go through with my plan." 

"I know you will, you are just too stubborn." There was another heavy silence and Mirae shifted nervously on her bed. "Tell me how it went... and when you need anything, you have my number and my address and even the key to my apartment."

I squealed in happiness. "Thank you! I knew I could count on you! I knew if anyone would understand me, it would be you, Hana!" 

Hana scoffed. "I actually don't understand you. Who, except you, would be crazy enough to even consider hiring a male prostitute for movie nights?"

I laughed lightly. "I'm special," I said, proudly. 

Holyyyyy shit, what am I writing xD (yes I still use that, fight me) For all those who are still here after realizing in what direction this story will go: Congratulations! But don't worry, I will provide you with fluff as well ;D Tell me what you thought of my 'introduction', I'd love to chat with you~