s e v e n

I went back home then, trying to sort out those feelings, that surfaced after seeing him kissing another girl, no, it was not the kiss that threw me off so badly. I knew he kissed other women, I knew he did way worse things with the people, what hurt me was the affectionate nickname. I thought those were reserved just for me, that I was special in that regard at least.

I stared at the countless cups of coffee on my dresser, noticing my favorite immediately. 'Kookie's monster' laughed me in the face, almost mocking me. It seemed like I wasn't Kookie's only monster. Then it clicked, finally understood what my tumultuous feelings meant. I am in love with Jungkook. "Oh no, oh no no no" I cursed, backing away from the cups. "I can't fall in love with a prostitute!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping my walls were soundproof so I wouldn't permanently disturb the poor old lady on the other side of it.

I had to end this, whatever it was we had going on. I had to forget him.

***

Jungkook, however, waited the whole hour for Mirae to arrive. He would've been happy if she even came an hour too late, for her he would always send any client away. It was well over an hour and the next woman spread her body on his bed when he gave up. She would not come today. The whole hour he could not get her out of his mind, it was hard to focus on his duties at hand. Why didn't she come? Did he do anything wrong? After work, he went to the register. "Do you know why Mirae did not come today?" The girl looked at him in surprise. "She was here, didn't she go with you?" she asked, clearly surprised. "No" Jungkook's voice was small as he said it. "Weird" she just said and then she ignored him again.

"Yes... What did I do?" he asked himself, biting his bottom lip in thought. He just couldn't get her out of his head the whole evening and annoyed at himself he decided to call her. It rang countless times, but she didn't pick up. He tried again. And again. He tried two more times and then he grew concerned. Did something happen to her? He bit his bottom lip in anxiety, while once again waiting for her to pick up. If she didn't answer now, he would drive over straight away.

"What do you need?" he was greeted by a cold voice and he sighed in relief. "I was worried about you, minnie mouse" he smiled sadly. "Why?" came the same monotone reply. "Because you didn't come to meet me today and you didn't answer your phone, I called like a bazillion times" he answered slightly annoyed now. "I need some space, Jungkook." He froze at her words, he felt helpless.

"What did I do?" he asked insecurely, staring at his floor in sadness. "Nothing, Jungkook... It's all me, don't worry about it, okay? You didn't do anything wrong" she sighed. Suddenly his ears picked up a silent sniffle from her. His eyes went wide. "Have you been crying?" he asked concerned. He was ready to stand up and drive over when she spoke again. "No, no... I only have a cold, don't worry about it, okay?" He sighed. "Should I bring you some medicine? Cuddles?" he asked hopefully, he just wanted to drive over, he needed to. "No, I'm fine. Stay" and she hung up, leaving Jungkook dumbfounded and sad. He could not shake the feeling, that he did something wrong and that she had been crying.

Why do I make it so hard for my characters, my readers and myself? I am such a masochistic and sadistic bitch xD Thank you for 100 reads tho❤️